The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Unsure about Bath - modern languages

I have an offer to study modern languages (french and spanish) at the University of Bath and absolutely love the city but I'm unsure about the campus.

From what I can see online, 1 West north is the languages building and I wonder if a current student could lmk whether or not all lectures, seminars etc are held here? Ik it doesn't seem like a massive deal in the grand scheme of things but I cannot stand ugly, brutalist architecture and I find that it bizarrely has a negative impact on my mood. I like to be places that look nice.

I recently visited Exeter, which I also have an offer to study at and LOVED the campus and could really imagine myself being quite happy there but it seems silly to only pick a university because of the aesthetics of its campus.

I'm also aware that Bath is ranked 5th in the UK and is great for graduate prospects

If anyone could please tel me about their experience at Bath, it would be greatly appreciated!!
Go to wherever you think you’ll be happiest. Both have notable reps, especially with Baths ranking and Exeter being a part of the Russell group. Pick whichever you want to spend your next 3/4 years living in. I’m the exact same as you about the architecture, I was going to attend Royal Holloway until i saw the awful architecture for the Queens building, where majority of my studies would’ve taken place, and sadly it put me off as I know I would have not coped studying in such a depressive, run down-looking building for the next 3/4 years.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Reply 2
Live in town amidst the wonderment of Georgian architecture and only go up to campus with your eyes shut.
Honestly you'll get used to it incredibly quickly and actually, it isnt that bad.

Quick Reply