HE diplomas

What do you study in a HE diploma?
Do you mean an Access to HE Diploma?
Reply 2
Do you mean an Access to HE Diploma?

Yes
Original post by M.xvmn
Yes

Then it depends on the subject you choose.

Access diplomas are designed for people who have been out of education for a number of years to being them from GCSE level study to the equivalent of 3 A levels in a single year. They’re very intense courses.

What are you hoping to study at university?
Reply 4
Then it depends on the subject you choose.
Access diplomas are designed for people who have been out of education for a number of years to being them from GCSE level study to the equivalent of 3 A levels in a single year. They’re very intense courses.
What are you hoping to study at university?

I’m 17 and I’m not in education anymore till September so I’m wondering if I can do a HE diploma in law cos that’s what I want to study.
Reply 5
Original post by M.xvmn
I’m 17 and I’m not in education anymore till September so I’m wondering if I can do a HE diploma in law cos that’s what I want to study.

It’s a level 3 HE diploma but I did level 3 applied law in my school so idk if that matters
Original post by M.xvmn

That wouldn’t be the best option. The ideal qualifications to take if you want to study law would be to start 3 A levels in September.
Access to HE Diplomas are designed for mature students not as an alternative to 16-19 qualifications.
Reply 7
That wouldn’t be the best option. The ideal qualifications to take if you want to study law would be to start 3 A levels in September.
Access to HE Diplomas are designed for mature students not as an alternative to 16-19 qualifications.

So would it be possible for me to still do it?
Original post by M.xvmn
So would it be possible for me to still do it?

It’s a bad idea (and likely to end up still needing to take A levels afterwards) but if you can find a provider willing to take your money then it’s an option.

Quick Reply