The Student Room Group

Dentistry UCLAN mature students entry requirements??!

Hi,
The university website only mentions A Levels requirements, but as a mature student with an access course, am I still eligible to apply? Additionally, I intend to apply with a first-year pharmacy degree, and the university can award me a Certificate of Higher Education Pharmaceutical Studies (120 credits at Level 4). Would I likely start dentistry from year 2 or year 1?
Thank you 🌸
Original post by Um Mishkah
Hi,
The university website only mentions A Levels requirements, but as a mature student with an access course, am I still eligible to apply? Additionally, I intend to apply with a first-year pharmacy degree, and the university can award me a Certificate of Higher Education Pharmaceutical Studies (120 credits at Level 4). Would I likely start dentistry from year 2 or year 1?
Thank you 🌸
i suggest you consider reaching out to admissions via email regarding your query, as it's not explicitly stated in the requirements. Regarding the structure of the course at UCLan, it's a four-year accelerated program. You would be entering what is traditionally considered "year 2" of the standard five-year course. This condensed format means you'll be covering the content of two years in one. Everyone begins at the same starting point, and your first year (2BDS) aligns with the first year of the accelerated program. This initial year typically entails the most modules due to the extensive content covered. Subsequent years are labeled 3BDS, 4BDS, and 5BDS, representing the second, third, and final years of the accelerated program, respectively.
Original post by Um Mishkah
Hi,
Thank you 🌸
Hi @Um Mishkah,

It's great to see that you are interested in studying dentistry here at UCLan. 😊

If you are unsure if you meet the entry requirements mentioned on our website, you can contact our friendly course enquiries team who will be happy to talk through your options, you can email the team at [email protected] for support.

Do let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help.

All the best,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending