The Student Room Group

How Do I Revise A Level History before my exams?

I do AQA 1C and 2O, I'm currently a B grade student and my main problem is retaining factual detail. I have my Tudors exam in 24 days, however 2 different exams prior, and I'm not sure how to go about fully memorising the data efficiently in such short notice.

I have my revision notes and all, just simply unsure how to utilise them to the best I can. Does anyone have any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by AntonioD
I do AQA 1C and 2O, I'm currently a B grade student and my main problem is retaining factual detail. I have my Tudors exam in 24 days, however 2 different exams prior, and I'm not sure how to go about fully memorising the data efficiently in such short notice.
I have my revision notes and all, just simply unsure how to utilise them to the best I can. Does anyone have any tips?

Hi
I do AQA history as well and I know how hard it is to remember everything. It's amazing that you have notes - try using quizlet's new feature to make AI flashcards. I promise this isn't a promotion lol I just found it really helpful for my exam recently - especially with dates statistics and important events.
Let me know if you try it and how you found it if you do loll
Reply 2
Original post by purplebarney
Hi
I do AQA history as well and I know how hard it is to remember everything. It's amazing that you have notes - try using quizlet's new feature to make AI flashcards. I promise this isn't a promotion lol I just found it really helpful for my exam recently - especially with dates statistics and important events.
Let me know if you try it and how you found it if you do loll

I'll give it a go, thanks for the idea.

speak out loud and memorise, use a whiteboard, keep repeating, and learning and testing yourself. ask yourself questions with the answer it mind. Use seneca. I also did Tudors 1c and 2o germany, check astarrevisionnotes on tiktok- they have A* notes, and essay plans - which you may be interested in
Reply 4
I do AQA Alevel Tudors and Nazi German. I have only ever sat 1 mock in year 12 because I’ve been in hospital most of the year and now I’m struggling since I have no notes, flash cards and haven’t memorised facts and had not a lot of essay or extract practice so I’m panicking because I don’t even know what level I’m at rn
Reply 5
Original post by alevelrevision12
speak out loud and memorise, use a whiteboard, keep repeating, and learning and testing yourself. ask yourself questions with the answer it mind. Use seneca. I also did Tudors 1c and 2o germany, check astarrevisionnotes on tiktok- they have A* notes, and essay plans - which you may be interested in

Thanks for the suggestions.
Reply 6
Original post by A_dz05
I do AQA Alevel Tudors and Nazi German. I have only ever sat 1 mock in year 12 because I’ve been in hospital most of the year and now I’m struggling since I have no notes, flash cards and haven’t memorised facts and had not a lot of essay or extract practice so I’m panicking because I don’t even know what level I’m at rn

I think you should consider buying notes off Stuvia if you haven't already figured something out, and try looking at level 5 responses for a guide on how to answer questions.
Reply 7
I think you should consider buying notes off Stuvia if you haven't already figured something out, and try looking at level 5 responses for a guide on how to answer questions.

Yeah I’ll try thank you. I’m honestly just so stressed with memorising since I’m literally just reading my textbooks though so I don’t know what to do
Reply 8

And a lot of them like the one from astarnotes are quite expensive and I can’t afford it so that might be hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending