The Student Room Group

SFE Maintance Loan

Hey, I just wanted to know what the difference is between
- Maintanance Loan
- Special Support Loan
- DSA
And whether the bottom two need to be repayed like the Miantnace l, also my brother is studying at Uni and gets a maintance loan, would this increase my allowance also, because my accessible loan increase recently and I cannot work out why other than the fact my brother applied for his recently. Thanks to anyone who can clarify a few of these 🙏
Original post by Muppetts
Hey, I just wanted to know what the difference is between
- Maintanance Loan
- Special Support Loan
- DSA
And whether the bottom two need to be repayed like the Miantnace l, also my brother is studying at Uni and gets a maintance loan, would this increase my allowance also, because my accessible loan increase recently and I cannot work out why other than the fact my brother applied for his recently. Thanks to anyone who can clarify a few of these 🙏

Hi there,

Yes, the maintenance and special support are both loans and they are repayable. I've enclosed a link that breaks down the funding here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/student-finance/ Also, any DSA queries would be through that team directly but that link also has a DSA section that should answer your questions. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply