The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Hild and St Bede renovations at Durham

Hi,
I'm currently doing some research into the Durham colleges to rank them, and I have noticed that Hilde and Bede is undergoing renovations for the 24/25 year so students are temporarily displaced. Also noticed it will be self catered.
I am taking a gap year (and Durham is my insurance) so I might be at Durham in 25/26. I was wondering if it was likely the renovations would be finished and students would be back on the main site by then? Or if it would still be self-catered.
Hoping someone can give some advice or insight :smile:
Thanks.
Original post by katie1708
Hi,
I'm currently doing some research into the Durham colleges to rank them, and I have noticed that Hilde and Bede is undergoing renovations for the 24/25 year so students are temporarily displaced. Also noticed it will be self catered.
I am taking a gap year (and Durham is my insurance) so I might be at Durham in 25/26. I was wondering if it was likely the renovations would be finished and students would be back on the main site by then? Or if it would still be self-catered.
Hoping someone can give some advice or insight :smile:
Thanks.

Hi there

From what I can see on the website, they've mentioned that they aim to finish construction by October 2024. This means that hopefully, students will be able to live in the main college building from 2025-26. However, the same website mentions that Rushford Court (where Hild Bede is currently based) is going to be turned into a college setting too. There is no indication as to whether it will continue to be occupied by Hild Bede on a self-catered basis or if some other college will occupy it.

Hope that gives some insight :smile:

-Himieka
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Durham Students
Hi there
From what I can see on the website, they've mentioned that they aim to finish construction by October 2024. This means that hopefully, students will be able to live in the main college building from 2025-26. However, the same website mentions that Rushford Court (where Hild Bede is currently based) is going to be turned into a college setting too. There is no indication as to whether it will continue to be occupied by Hild Bede on a self-catered basis or if some other college will occupy it.
Hope that gives some insight :smile:
-Himieka

That work complete is for Rushford court (as they are currently building there) I believe, not Hild/Bede, so this is not indicative of when the works on Hild Bede are like to be finished.
I believe that date is referring to construction on Rushford court, not hild bede. As far as I’m aware no work on hild bede has started yet so would be quite shocking if they could finish that quickly. Additionally, as far as I’m aware, hild bede is not yet based at Rushford court (I have friends living there this year as it’s private halls currently).
Original post by Anonymous
I believe that date is referring to construction on Rushford court, not hild bede. As far as I’m aware no work on hild bede has started yet so would be quite shocking if they could finish that quickly. Additionally, as far as I’m aware, hild bede is not yet based at Rushford court (I have friends living there this year as it’s private halls currently).

Additionally, I’d like to add that there is currently very little information detailing the extent of the works, so it’s difficult to tell how long they will take.
Original post by Anonymous
Additionally, I’d like to add that there is currently very little information detailing the extent of the works, so it’s difficult to tell how long they will take.

Hi there

You're right, the above information is for Rushford Court redevelopment- apologies for the confusion. I'm unsure when the main college refurbishment will be completed, however, I'm sure updates will be available on the website as and when possible. Your start year is still a while away so there's no need to worry for now :smile:

Hild Bede redevelopment

-Himieka
Reply 6
Original post by Durham Students
Hi there
You're right, the above information is for Rushford Court redevelopment- apologies for the confusion. I'm unsure when the main college refurbishment will be completed, however, I'm sure updates will be available on the website as and when possible. Your start year is still a while away so there's no need to worry for now :smile:
Hild Bede redevelopment
-Himieka

Hi. The college ranking deadline is getting quite close, so thanks for responding so quickly! This has put my mind at rest, so thanks again.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending