The Student Room Group

Am i eligible for Student Finance ??

Hi i have been living in the uk for a year now and i want to study undergraduate degree through student finance. So i wanna know if im eligible for it or not ? Since my father is an EU citizen(Portuguese) and I have also received pre settlement under EU settlement scheme. And the thing is i have completed my High school / GCSE from Nepal, my country of nationality where its known as 12th grade. Also i met all the minimum grade and english entry requirements for the unis i want to apply !! I just want to find out if ill be eligible for student finance or will i be charged same as a international student from Nepal ??
Original post by Rijendra Rijal
Hi i have been living in the uk for a year now and i want to study undergraduate degree through student finance. So i wanna know if im eligible for it or not ? Since my father is an EU citizen(Portuguese) and I have also received pre settlement under EU settlement scheme. And the thing is i have completed my High school / GCSE from Nepal, my country of nationality where its known as 12th grade. Also i met all the minimum grade and english entry requirements for the unis i want to apply !! I just want to find out if ill be eligible for student finance or will i be charged same as a international student from Nepal ??

Hi Rijendra,

Its up to the university what you will be charged for Tuition Fees. You would need to speak to them regarding this.
What nationality are you? What status do you hold in the UK? When is your course starting?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Rijendra,
Its up to the university what you will be charged for Tuition Fees. You would need to speak to them regarding this.
What nationality are you? What status do you hold in the UK? When is your course starting?
Thanks,
Claire

I’m Nepalese. I have pre-settled status as a child of an EU national.
Hi Rijendra Rijal,

If you are a Rest of the World national you would need to have settled status or Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK to be eligible for funding.

However you may be eligible for tuition fee funding only as the family member of an EU national. Does your EU national family member have settled status?

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending