The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography

Hi! I’m a year 11 doing GCSEs this year and I really wanna do radiology as my career. I need to pick my alevels and I picked biology and psychology but I’m unsure what my third subject should be. My mum is telling me to pick another science, but I know that will cause stress for me in the long run and I’m not ready to cry for the next 2 years in 6th form 😭 Any ideas?
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Valerieiscool
Hi! I’m a year 11 doing GCSEs this year and I really wanna do radiology as my career. I need to pick my alevels and I picked biology and psychology but I’m unsure what my third subject should be. My mum is telling me to pick another science, but I know that will cause stress for me in the long run and I’m not ready to cry for the next 2 years in 6th form 😭 Any ideas?

English lit, computer science, chem, physics, maths or sociology
Have you actually looked at the entry requirements for this degree course on University websites?
And do you have any relevant experience?

Diagnostic Radiography - BSc (Hons) - 2024/25 Entry | Birmingham City University (bcu.ac.uk)
BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography - University of Plymouth
Diagnostic radiographer job profile | Prospects.ac.uk
Original post by McGinger
Have you actually looked at the entry requirements for this degree course on University websites?
And do you have any relevant experience?
Diagnostic Radiography - BSc (Hons) - 2024/25 Entry | Birmingham City University (bcu.ac.uk)
BSc (Hons) Diagnostic Radiography - University of Plymouth
Diagnostic radiographer job profile | Prospects.ac.uk

yea you only need 1 science for most
yea you only need 1 science for most

Hey, :hello:

As you will only need one science a level to get into most universities i would recommend you pick your third a level based on what you enjoy and are good at. This is because you are most likely to perform well when doing an a level you enjoy.

For example, at Canterbury Christ Church University to study Diagnostic Radiography an science a level is advantageous but not essential.

I hope this helps your decision and good luck! :thumbsup:
Original post by CCCU Health Rep
Hey, :hello:
As you will only need one science a level to get into most universities i would recommend you pick your third a level based on what you enjoy and are good at. This is because you are most likely to perform well when doing an a level you enjoy.
For example, at Canterbury Christ Church University to study Diagnostic Radiography an science a level is advantageous but not essential.
I hope this helps your decision and good luck! :thumbsup:

What about for radiologist (doctor) ?
What about for radiologist (doctor) ?

If you want to be a radiologist (and not a diagnostic radiographer) then you will need to study medicine. You will have more unis to choose from if you take biology and chemistry, and any other subject.

Quick Reply

Latest