The Student Room Group

Studying while on benefits

Hi, I would like to know if I’m able to study and claim a uni loan while I’m on benefits. The benefits me and my partner are on are; universal credit, council tax support, child benefit and child tax credits, carers allowance, pip and housing benefit. I look after my partner due to his disability and I also work part time (18 hours) a week. I’d like to study something from home and would like to know if I’m able to do this and claim a student loan without our benefits being affected. I’d appreciate your help.

Many thanks,
Original post by Nelly1893
Hi, I would like to know if I’m able to study and claim a uni loan while I’m on benefits. The benefits me and my partner are on are; universal credit, council tax support, child benefit and child tax credits, carers allowance, pip and housing benefit. I look after my partner due to his disability and I also work part time (18 hours) a week. I’d like to study something from home and would like to know if I’m able to do this and claim a student loan without our benefits being affected. I’d appreciate your help.
Many thanks,

Hi Nelly,

You would need to contact the benefits office to query this.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending