The Student Room Group

student finance

Hi, I have submitted all of my info for my loan for my second year at the university of Exeter.
I used the same sponsor (my Dad) as last year. On my student finance it has been saying that it is awaiting sponsor details, but when we go onto my Dad's account, it is saying that he has completed all of his actions for the academic year 2023-24 as isn't coming up that he is needing to do anything for the upcoming 2024-25 academic year.
So we filled in his pff2 form and I sent it via recoded delivery to student finance England like it says to do on the website, this was well over a week ago. When I log onto my account it is telling me that they are awaiting sponsor information, so I am worried and stressed about it, especially with my exams coming up and when I try and call I can't get through.
Please can I have some help/advice.

Many thanks and best wishes.
Original post by celine.d1
Hi, I have submitted all of my info for my loan for my second year at the university of Exeter.
I used the same sponsor (my Dad) as last year. On my student finance it has been saying that it is awaiting sponsor details, but when we go onto my Dad's account, it is saying that he has completed all of his actions for the academic year 2023-24 as isn't coming up that he is needing to do anything for the upcoming 2024-25 academic year.
So we filled in his pff2 form and I sent it via recoded delivery to student finance England like it says to do on the website, this was well over a week ago. When I log onto my account it is telling me that they are awaiting sponsor information, so I am worried and stressed about it, especially with my exams coming up and when I try and call I can't get through.
Please can I have some help/advice.
Many thanks and best wishes.

Hi Celine,

If you sent the PFF2 Form it will show sponsor details outstanding till the form has been processed. This i currently taking 19 working days currently. Our timescales are estimates and can change daily up or down depending on how busy we are. If the team need anything else they will email you, it may go to your junk folder.

Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Celine,
If you sent the PFF2 Form it will show sponsor details outstanding till the form has been processed. This i currently taking 19 working days currently. Our timescales are estimates and can change daily up or down depending on how busy we are. If the team need anything else they will email you, it may go to your junk folder.
Once updated and approved, this will reflect online and then you will receive paperwork in the post.
Thanks,
Claire

Screenshot_20240506-080653.png Thank you, that's a very helpful reply and has put my mind at rest.

I am just slightly concerned as I had this automated email in early hours of the morning. But I think it's just a run of the mill email, as it still hasn't been 19 working days like you previously said. I asked my dad and he kindly said he'd call student finance tomorrow as I have exams and I've struggled to get through when calling.
Screenshot_20240506-080653.png Thank you, that's a very helpful reply and has put my mind at rest.
I am just slightly concerned as I had this automated email in early hours of the morning. But I think it's just a run of the mill email, as it still hasn't been 19 working days like you previously said. I asked my dad and he kindly said he'd call student finance tomorrow as I have exams and I've struggled to get through when calling.

Hi Celine, we've maybe emailed either of you requesting further information. If you want to contact us via the live chat in your account we can check this and further assist. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Celine, we've maybe emailed either of you requesting further information. If you want to contact us via the live chat in your account we can check this and further assist. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, thank you for your reply. I appreciate it.

Basically, I'm in my exam period in a completely different city to my dad, and he is fairly incompetent at all this kind of stuff but I've asked him to help me as I'm so stressed with exams and now money due to my fear of student finance not being sorted despite me doing everything and paying for recorded delivery to send off my dad's pff2 form. He's then been on hold and passed from pillar to post all day with student finance.

Basically he called to ask if you guys received the right details, and they said no because they need the PFF2, which is what we sent.
And they're saying he can do this over his account. But the whole reason why we had to send it is because when I log into his account, it says we'll done and that his actions are complete for the year 2023-24, and not saying anything about the upcoming academic year 2024-25. Yet I keep getting emails saying they desperately need my sponsor details, so I've done all I can by submitting his PFF2 via recorded delivery, and I can't do it via his account as it gives me no option for the upcoming academic year.

Many thanks and best wishes IMG-20240507-WA0007.jpg

It will update if we've received this information so I'd advise ignoring the automatic email. You can contact us via 0300 100 0607 or the live chat in your account to get a more accurate timescale. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply