The Student Room Group

How can I affirm myself?

I am AMAB, and think that I am supposed to be a girl. I really want to look like a girl, be a girl etc, how can I do this, maybe in my own privacy, for the time being? I have no access to any items like bras etc, and can’t buy from shops online or in person. Any advice much appreciated, thanks
pls ignore this absolute creep replying, thats an out of order response and frankly disgusting to say that someone asking for help or advice on here. as for your question, dressing like a 'woman' or being one really and truly is not rooted in needing bras or feminine clothes etc tho people choose to. As a girl, i would suggest maybe research about the experience of women throughout history, listen to stories and read books about the reality of womanhood.stories of women, written by women. i dont know much about this topic but i suspect this deep understanding of what it is to be a girl will aid you most and help you find whatever part of yourself you hope to.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
pls ignore this absolute creep replying, thats an out of order response and frankly disgusting to say that someone asking for help or advice on here. as for your question, dressing like a 'woman' or being one really and truly is not rooted in needing bras or feminine clothes etc tho people choose to. As a girl, i would suggest maybe research about the experience of women throughout history, listen to stories and read books about the reality of womanhood.stories of women, written by women. i dont know much about this topic but i suspect this deep understanding of what it is to be a girl will aid you most and help you find whatever part of yourself you hope to.

Huh? I can’t see the message, so ig thats a good thing (if it was horrible), was it very transphobic?

That is a good idea, I will look into this, thanks for the advice :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Huh? I can’t see the message, so ig thats a good thing (if it was horrible), was it very transphobic?
That is a good idea, I will look into this, thanks for the advice :smile:

that would be because i reported it,
dont worry its best you didnt see it and good luck with everything 🙂

Quick Reply