The Student Room Group

Changing name on student finance England

Hi, my dad is supporting my student finance application for my second year of study. I’ve already registered his account with his name but student finance has gotten his surname wrong. How do I change the name that student finance has on their system for him as they’ve made a mistake and gotten it wrong. Also, when they send letters it has the wrong name on the letters although I provided the full correct name. Please could you let me know how to resolve this issue.
Thank you
Original post by floral123
Hi, my dad is supporting my student finance application for my second year of study. I’ve already registered his account with his name but student finance has gotten his surname wrong. How do I change the name that student finance has on their system for him as they’ve made a mistake and gotten it wrong. Also, when they send letters it has the wrong name on the letters although I provided the full correct name. Please could you let me know how to resolve this issue.
Thank you

Hi there,

Your dad would need to send us evidence of the correct spelling of is name, and send this with a cover letter explaining in detail why he's sending it.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Thank you. I also just wanted to ask if its possible to send an email containing this information?
Thank you. I also just wanted to ask if its possible to send an email containing this information?

We don't have an email address. Your dad can upload the evidence if he has the option online in his account for evidence upload. If he doesn't have it he will need to post it to:

Student Finance England
Po Box 210,
Darlington,
DL1 9HJ

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
We don't have an email address. Your dad can upload the evidence if he has the option online in his account for evidence upload. If he doesn't have it he will need to post it to:
Student Finance England
Po Box 210,
Darlington,
DL1 9HJ
Thanks,
Claire

Okay, thank you for the clarification.
Okay, thank you for the clarification.

You're welcome, please let us know if there is anything else. Thanks, David

Quick Reply