The Student Room Group

Am I being manipulative?

I have two female friends, who confessed to me years ago I didn't respond directly but shifted the topic to something else. Throughout the years, we have been good friends, messaged every few days and I trauma-dump on them a lot because I have a lot of serious personal problems that I struggle to resolve. I send them a ton of rant whenever I am upset about something. Over time I start feeling that I am using them. I don't have many close friends due to social awkwardness and the two female friends are fairly important to keeping me afloat by lending me ears. I cherish my friendship with them and don't want to lose either them, especially when we no longer live in the same place and haven't seen each other for years. Am I being manipulative?
I don’t really see how this is manipulative, you’re just all friends supporting each other from sounds
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I have two female friends, who confessed to me years ago I didn't respond directly but shifted the topic to something else. Throughout the years, we have been good friends, messaged every few days and I trauma-dump on them a lot because I have a lot of serious personal problems that I struggle to resolve. I send them a ton of rant whenever I am upset about something. Over time I start feeling that I am using them. I don't have many close friends due to social awkwardness and the two female friends are fairly important to keeping me afloat by lending me ears. I cherish my friendship with them and don't want to lose either them, especially when we no longer live in the same place and haven't seen each other for years. Am I being manipulative?

You're not being manipulative, but if you feel that you could be a better friend you can always work on that. Make sure that you're supporting them in return and asking how they are doing to avoid the friendships becoming one-sided.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by MJ1148
You're not being manipulative, but if you feel that you could be a better friend you can always work on that. Make sure that you're supporting them in return and asking how they are doing to avoid the friendships becoming one-sided.

Thank you so much!
Original post by Anonymous
By the sounds of it, you're not being manipulative. Just make sure that if you're rating to them, they can rant to you. Give them the same energy and kindness back and u'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending