GCSEs in 10 days

I genuinely can’t believe it, it’s so bittersweet

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alizaabdulkadir

I know! What's your first exam? :smile:
Original post by jelllyfiiish
I know! What's your first exam? :smile:

I’ve already had mandarin speaking last week but my first actual one is biology paper 1 and sociology paper 1 .
I’ve already had mandarin speaking last week but my first actual one is biology paper 1 and sociology paper 1 .

Ohh! Some of my friends also had mandarin speaking last week! I heard they had to speak really slowly to maximise the timings!
Ohh! Some of my friends also had mandarin speaking last week! I heard they had to speak really slowly to maximise the timings!

I never knew this 😂
What’s your first exam
I never knew this 😂
What’s your first exam

My first exam was 2 weeks ago! I believe it was German speaking…
Last week I had 10 hr Art exam and just had my German listening and writing yesterday :thumbsup:

The coming exam I’ll have is next Wednesday with the extra Algebra Level 3 Award exam - followed by a Religion & Philosophy exam then a Biology P1 the next day!

How’s your revision for the upcoming Biology exam? :smile:
My first exam was 2 weeks ago! I believe it was German speaking…
Last week I had 10 hr Art exam and just had my German listening and writing yesterday :thumbsup:
The coming exam I’ll have is next Wednesday with the extra Algebra Level 3 Award exam - followed by a Religion & Philosophy exam then a Biology P1 the next day!
How’s your revision for the upcoming Biology exam? :smile:

Wowww German, how was ittt and I don’t wanna talk about biology 😭 I haven’t started doing actual actual revision because of so many reasons hbu and what sixthformnor college are you planning on going
Wowww German, how was ittt and I don’t wanna talk about biology 😭 I haven’t started doing actual actual revision because of so many reasons hbu and what sixthformnor college are you planning on going
German went absolutely fine! Except the listening was a bit challenging but still got through it. :smile:
I'm probably going to go to the Perse in Cambridge - although I don’t get to decide where I go as it’s my parent’s decision!
Do you have any idea of where you’ll go?
I relate to the listening hate also how comes your parents pick and not you
I genuinely have nooo idea where I’m going to go I haven’t heard of Perse is it close to you
I relate to the listening hate also how comes your parents pick and not you
I genuinely have nooo idea where I’m going to go I haven’t heard of Perse is it close to you

Perse is so far away! Since I'm an international student my "real" home is a 14 hour flight away. :frown:

What about subjects? Have you thought about what you're going to take for sixth form? :biggrin:
Oh no, that must be tough leaving Home. where are you from though? And I’m quite confused on what subjects to pick definitely something stem related but I’m not 100%. How about you? 😊
Oh no, that must be tough leaving Home. where are you from though? And I’m quite confused on what subjects to pick definitely something stem related but I’m not 100%. How about you? 😊

I’m from HK - I’m also not 100% sure what I may want to end up with! :smile:
Reply 12
Hey, just a sixth former in year 12 here, ask me for advice about A-levels or GCSEs or general stuff if needed. Anyways, just here to make sure you guys remember to have fun after GCSEs, there are friends and classes you will not ever see again, so don’t take it for granted!!!! Chill out after GCSEs cuz when you start yr12 it’s going to be totally different. 😬
I just said this cuz I wished someone would’ve told me this earlier lol 😂
Random post but you’ll get it.when you’re in year 12-13 lol
Original post by too.lost
Hey, just a sixth former in year 12 here, ask me for advice about A-levels or GCSEs or general stuff if needed. Anyways, just here to make sure you guys remember to have fun after GCSEs, there are friends and classes you will not ever see again, so don’t take it for granted!!!! Chill out after GCSEs cuz when you start yr12 it’s going to be totally different. 😬
I just said this cuz I wished someone would’ve told me this earlier lol 😂
Random post but you’ll get it.when you’re in year 12-13 lol

Omg TYSM
Everyone is saying sixth form is a complete change from GCSEs like from level 1-100
And for GCSEs I know I should be stressed but I feel stressed because I’m not so stressed, if that makes sense
What grades did you get for GCSEs
What a levels do you take
And good luck on your a level exams
If I have anymore questions I’ll be sure to ask you
Reply 14
Omg TYSM
Everyone is saying sixth form is a complete change from GCSEs like from level 1-100
And for GCSEs I know I should be stressed but I feel stressed because I’m not so stressed, if that makes sense
What grades did you get for GCSEs
What a levels do you take
And good luck on your a level exams
If I have anymore questions I’ll be sure to ask you

Hi,
I got 4 9s, 3 8s and 3 7s (although I procrastinated a bit too much and still do).
9s- English Lang, Biology, History, RE
8s- Maths, Chemistry, Design and Tech
7s- Physics, English Lit, Statistics
I study 4 A-levels right now (Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics) and I want to study Medicine at university.
My advice to you (as a reaaaal procrastinator- I have to change that lol) is to try your hardest, you got 1 week left to make a difference, cuz you'll realise soon enough how EASY GCSEs are compared to A-levels. Most people do 3 A-levels, but I'd rather do 12 GCSEs than 3 A-levels loooooool.
Anyways it is what it is but A-levels are a huge jump from GCSE, I'm not trying to stress you out but I just want you to get ready for it lol. Just think about your GCSEs for now.
What A-levels do you want to do and do you know what you want to study at uni yet (if you want to go uni)?

btw I got my eoy mocks in a week so im tryharding so much rn lol so thanks for the good luck, good luck to you too!

I go to a pretty good sixth form in east london, so I hope to make the hard work count lol
(edited 2 months ago)

its unreal but quite nerve wracking as well
Hi,
I got 4 9s, 3 8s and 3 7s (although I procrastinated a bit too much and still do).
9s- English Lang, Biology, History, RE
8s- Maths, Chemistry, Design and Tech
7s- Physics, English Lit, Statistics
I study 4 A-levels right now (Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Economics) and I want to study Medicine at university.
My advice to you (as a reaaaal procrastinator- I have to change that lol) is to try your hardest, you got 1 week left to make a difference, cuz you'll realise soon enough how EASY GCSEs are compared to A-levels. Most people do 3 A-levels, but I'd rather do 12 GCSEs than 3 A-levels loooooool.
Anyways it is what it is but A-levels are a huge jump from GCSE, I'm not trying to stress you out but I just want you to get ready for it lol. Just think about your GCSEs for now.
What A-levels do you want to do and do you know what you want to study at uni yet (if you want to go uni)?
btw I got my eoy mocks in a week so im tryharding so much rn lol so thanks for the good luck, good luck to you too!
I go to a pretty good sixth form in east london, so I hope to make the hard work count lol

I definitely want to do something in stem before I was leaning towards physics economics maths and now I’m leaning to maths bio and chem maybe medicine but I know how challenging medicine is and idk if I’m capable of that so rn I’m just focusing on getting the grades and then I’ll move on to the next step
Your grades are really good how did you revise for maths bio chem and english
I’m also in east London and not sure what sixth form there’s a lot of good places
I have a feeling Ik what sixth form you go to but I’m not 100% sure
Anyways TYSM IM ALSO A HUGE PROCRASTINATOR I JUST PROCRASTINATED FOR 3 hours making pots out of Pringle cans 😂
But yeah please drop me anymore advice you think would help
Reply 17
I definitely want to do something in stem before I was leaning towards physics economics maths and now I’m leaning to maths bio and chem maybe medicine but I know how challenging medicine is and idk if I’m capable of that so rn I’m just focusing on getting the grades and then I’ll move on to the next step
Your grades are really good how did you revise for maths bio chem and english
I’m also in east London and not sure what sixth form there’s a lot of good places
I have a feeling Ik what sixth form you go to but I’m not 100% sure
Anyways TYSM IM ALSO A HUGE PROCRASTINATOR I JUST PROCRASTINATED FOR 3 hours making pots out of Pringle cans 😂
But yeah please drop me anymore advice you think would help

Oh lol i go to the NCS if you wanted to know.
For maths, just bang out maths genie past papers questions RIGHT NOW and finish them, after that, just do the topic questions if you find any topics hard and just do them and you'll be good. Also watch the GCSE Maths tutor on youtube and do the questions along with him as he does it after you've done all that.
For biology, idek how I got a 9 lol but i just memorised the CGP textbook and answered exam qs (not as many as the other subjects though), cuz GCSE biology is just memorising tbh, A-level bio on the other hand is more about applying the knowledge as well as memorising (hence the grade boundaries are lowwww (for A level bio) but it's pretty hard cuz the mark schemes are so specific). If you memorise all the processes and stuff and are confident you should be good.
For chem I spent 70% of my time reading and memorising the CGP textbook, and like 10% on free science lessons youtube vids and the rest just past exam papers.
For english, I can't lie, Language was just writing stuff and improvising on the spot, but keep a few sentences in hand (really good ones that you can use in any theme/context). Memorise and actually understand the structure of the 8 markers and the 20 markers. If you want to know the structure I can check for you but I totally forgot everything after my last GCSE exam lol.
For Lit, I got a 7 cuz i waffled the unseen poetry question too much smh, but I done love and relationships, An inspector calls, a christmas carol and macbeth, just memorised quotes, structure, and analogies and whatnot.
By the way, what sixth form do you want to study in? At the NCS and BMA you start off with 4, and you can drop 1 and do 3. I heard that BMA allow you to drop ONLY at the end of the yr after the AS, and at the NCS they let us drop in January, March, and June of yr 12. If you carry on with 4 and want to drop one in yr 13, you can drop it all year around. Feel free to ask me any more qs or resources you want
(edited 2 months ago)

I know right, I can’t believe it’s finally happening!! I’ve done my french n spanish speaking’s and my art exam already, so at least 1 subject is done 😪😪
Oh lol i go to the NCS if you wanted to know.
For maths, just bang out maths genie past papers questions RIGHT NOW and finish them, after that, just do the topic questions if you find any topics hard and just do them and you'll be good. Also watch the GCSE Maths tutor on youtube and do the questions along with him as he does it after you've done all that.
For biology, idek how I got a 9 lol but i just memorised the CGP textbook and answered exam qs (not as many as the other subjects though), cuz GCSE biology is just memorising tbh, A-level bio on the other hand is more about applying the knowledge as well as memorising (hence the grade boundaries are lowwww (for A level bio) but it's pretty hard cuz the mark schemes are so specific). If you memorise all the processes and stuff and are confident you should be good.
For chem I spent 70% of my time reading and memorising the CGP textbook, and like 10% on free science lessons youtube vids and the rest just past exam papers.
For english, I can't lie, Language was just writing stuff and improvising on the spot, but keep a few sentences in hand (really good ones that you can use in any theme/context). Memorise and actually understand the structure of the 8 markers and the 20 markers. If you want to know the structure I can check for you but I totally forgot everything after my last GCSE exam lol.
For Lit, I got a 7 cuz i waffled the unseen poetry question too much smh, but I done love and relationships, An inspector calls, a christmas carol and macbeth, just memorised quotes, structure, and analogies and whatnot.
By the way, what sixth form do you want to study in? At the NCS and BMA you start off with 4, and you can drop 1 and do 3. I heard that BMA allow you to drop ONLY at the end of the yr after the AS, and at the NCS they let us drop in January, March, and June of yr 12. If you carry on with 4 and want to drop one in yr 13, you can drop it all year around. Feel free to ask me any more qs or resources you want

Omg no way Ncs that’s literally my first option if I get in 😭 since they said they aren’t doing conditionals this year
Yeah I love gcsemathstutor and maths genie but I haven’t done as many practice paper as I would’ve liked so I’ll def do more
And bio and chem aren’t horrible but I do want to get 8+ in them and I have my bio exam in 3 days
That’s literally gonna be me as soon as I leave that exam hall my brain is going to be blank lol
I HATE UNSEEN POETRYY
I also do Macbeth aic and acc but I do power and conflict poetry
No way I knew that you had to pick four and drop one but I didn’t kno bma only allow you to drop at the end
I applied to both and leaning to Ncs again if I get in but still confuzzled
TYSM FOR YOUR TIPS IM GOING TO START USING THEM RN

Quick Reply