The Student Room Group

what questions do they ask in the dsa appointment

what are the questions asked in the dsa appointment?
Original post by 333anon
what are the questions asked in the dsa appointment?

Its questions around how your disability affects your ability to study. Nothing super personal but you need to be honest as in the report the assessor needs to justify why you need the support that they recommend. In addition the assessor will offer tech and equipment that DSA can fund which was really cool. They may ask your view on the support that they are offering and if it will be helpful or not.
Reply 2
Original post by Thatclimbingirl
Its questions around how your disability affects your ability to study. Nothing super personal but you need to be honest as in the report the assessor needs to justify why you need the support that they recommend. In addition the assessor will offer tech and equipment that DSA can fund which was really cool. They may ask your view on the support that they are offering and if it will be helpful or not.

thank you!
Hey,
So I just had my DSA needs assessment this morning.
The assessor was really nice. She asked me about my conditions (Depression and Anxiety), how they affect me day to day. She also asked how they effect my studies. She then went through a sort of check list of sorts basically asking how the conditions affect my reading, writing, focus, organisation ect so She could work out what support would be best for me.

I also got to see some of the different software available and talk about if I think it would be a good fit and why/why not.

Then at the end they ask for your consent to share the report of the needs assessment with your university,funding body(if using Student Finance) ect and will send you a copy when it's all written up.
Reply 4
Original post by CaitPaige5
Hey,
So I just had my DSA needs assessment this morning.
The assessor was really nice. She asked me about my conditions (Depression and Anxiety), how they affect me day to day. She also asked how they effect my studies. She then went through a sort of check list of sorts basically asking how the conditions affect my reading, writing, focus, organisation ect so She could work out what support would be best for me.
I also got to see some of the different software available and talk about if I think it would be a good fit and why/why not.
Then at the end they ask for your consent to share the report of the needs assessment with your university,funding body(if using Student Finance) ect and will send you a copy when it's all written up.

ok thank you! mind is tomorrow and i was really stressed that the questions would catch me off guard

Quick Reply

Latest