The Student Room Group

Health and social care btec

i’m looking for advice right now. i’m in year 11 and i’m doing english literature, english language, maths, combined science, art GCSE’s as well as a child development level 1/2 BTEC course which is equivalent to 1 GCSE if i’m correct. i’m particularly worried about not getting a grade 4/4 in my science exam and i desperately need this to be able to go ahead and start health and social care level 3 extended diploma. i have been told about a provision college which offers courses to 16-24 year olds in my area and they can take on anybody that wants to do health and social care level 2 as long as they pass english lit and lang and maths. the course is 1 year long. if i fail my science but pass my english and maths and go on to do the level 2 course, would i then be able to go on to health and social care level 3 at a normal college? thankyou in advance!!

Quick Reply