The Student Room Group

Failing one module in first year

If i fail one module in first year but i pass all the other modules will i have to redo that one module again before i can progress to second year. I think i may since the module is a core module and it is worth 40 points. Which means i will only have 80 points from first year.
Will have to resit the module assessment in August and pass to continue to 2nd year. Otherwise you will have to redo 1st year.
Original post by Jesshunt1
If i fail one module in first year but i pass all the other modules will i have to redo that one module again before i can progress to second year. I think i may since the module is a core module and it is worth 40 points. Which means i will only have 80 points from first year.

Hi Jesshunt1,

Speaking from experience, all courses are different and have different requirements as well as rules. Due to that, it is best for you to speak to your Personal Tutor/Module Leader so they can talk to you about what steps are best for you to take next.

Some courses and universities allow you to pass to the next year, having failed the module. Maybe it may be that you can retake that one module's assessments while in second year, but again this is dependent on your university.

Definitely talk to the Academic staff and see what is available for you! I hope it goes well.

~Zaynab
University of Bradford

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending