The Student Room Group

Do most people do AQA synergy for science or Trilogy?

I did the old GCSE but just wondered what most people do.
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Anony345533
I did the old GCSE but just wondered what most people do.

I think the majority of people do trilogy.
Original post by bibachu
I think the majority of people do trilogy.
Trilogy sounds like triple science to me and synergy sounds like double science which most people do and then there's single science.
Reply 3
Original post by Anony345533
Trilogy sounds like triple science to me and synergy sounds like double science which most people do and then there's single science.

Trilogy is not the same as triple science. You learn biology, chemistry and physics and sit combined science exams which will give you two grades. Triple science is essentially separate science, and the exams you’ll take are labelled as biology, chemistry and physics. This gives you three grades. There’s additional content in separate science, which is why doing triple science gives you three grades and not two. The only difference between trilogy and synergy is the content. If you do combined science trilogy, you’ll have different topics to someone sitting combined science synergy, but both specifications result in two GCSE grades. If you sit separate sciences (what’s generally known as triple science), you’ll get three because each subject has its own specification.

Quick Reply

Latest