The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Accommodation under 18

Under 18 students cannot apply for a twin room and I was really hoping to apply for one. I am a bit confused as the contract would start on 21st September and I turn 18 on the 22nd (1 day later). Is there any chance I can email UCL and ask them if I can apply for Twin room? Or will it not be worth the time since accommodation applications should be submitted at the earliest?
Reply 1
I would email them or best even try and call them up about this, as you may be restricted when booking. I wouldn't worry too much about 'first come first serve' and try and seek a solution if you cannot afford other rooms than a twin. Also you are guaranteed accommodation as you would be under 18 when you start the accom, so I assume they will seek a solution with you on a case-by-case basis. Quoted from the website "We guarantee accommodation to students that are under 18 years old".
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by joe_y.i
I would email them or best even try and call them up about this, as you may be restricted when booking. I wouldn't worry too much about 'first come first serve' and try and seek a solution if you cannot afford other rooms than a twin. Also you are guaranteed accommodation as you would be under 18 when you start the accom, so I assume they will seek a solution with you on a case-by-case basis. Quoted from the website "We guarantee accommodation to students that are under 18 years old".

Oh ok thank you so much
Reply 3
Original post by Tangerine.aadi
Under 18 students cannot apply for a twin room and I was really hoping to apply for one. I am a bit confused as the contract would start on 21st September and I turn 18 on the 22nd (1 day later). Is there any chance I can email UCL and ask them if I can apply for Twin room? Or will it not be worth the time since accommodation applications should be submitted at the earliest?

Hi, I'm a new student this year and I also want to apply for a twin room. Have you already solved this problem and applied for one? And may I ask if you are a girl or a boy? Thx!
Original post by Camra
Hi, I'm a new student this year and I also want to apply for a twin room. Have you already solved this problem and applied for one? And may I ask if you are a girl or a boy? Thx!

Hi, I emailed UCL and they still have another day to get back to me about it. Hoping that it all works out; I’ll keep you updated about it. Also, I’m a boy
Reply 5
Original post by Tangerine.aadi
Hi, I emailed UCL and they still have another day to get back to me about it. Hoping that it all works out; I’ll keep you updated about it. Also, I’m a boy

Okk thank you

Quick Reply