bristol

could you tell me why
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Durham

could you tell me why
could you tell me why

Look, they are both great universities and as always which is "better" depends on personal preferences regarding the nuances of the course and the experience of living as student in each town for 3-4 years, which you might get a better feel for by visiting. The advantages of Durham would be: if you like the idea of an older university and the collegiate system; a highly regarded course on UK undergraduate rankings (generally above Bristol, FWIW); a CompSci department that is on the up, with new investment in buildings etc; and a smaller university town vibe. But getting an offer from either university for CompSci would be great, and harder and harder to come by.
Reply 6
could you tell me why

speaking from people who have been to both, the quality of teaching in bristol is better
Reply 7
Durham has no proper reputation for Computer Science and a new building doesn't change that.
Reply 8
Original post by hh1209
speaking from people who have been to both, the quality of teaching in bristol is better

i see did they do cs??
Reply 9
Original post by Picnicl
Durham has no proper reputation for Computer Science and a new building doesn't change that.

yeah, i guess. Its pretty high in the uk league table of cs though.
Reply 10
Original post by Picnicl

I also have an offer from edinburgh which is a 4 year couse. I would definetly go there but I want to do a masters in a different university and im not sure if ill be able to afford it after 4 years of studying.
Reply 11
And Manchester too but i dont think im going there
It would be best to explore both places. I would choose Bristol though as I found Durham rather awful. The walking was hideous as was the amount of rain, and most importantly there was no M&S within walking distance lol. Although, the claypath deli does some absolute stonking sourdough.

Quick Reply