The Student Room Group

A level English literature revision help

I take AQA English lit and I’m struggling to know what to do in the last run up to the exam and how to revise for it?
Reply 1
Original post by jasminestride
I take AQA English lit and I’m struggling to know what to do in the last run up to the exam and how to revise for it?

You can get someone to test you on your quotes and then practise planning some random questions or read example answers. The quotes should cover all the different themes in the text (or in the poems). Make sure you know what structure you're going to use for your essay, how much time you'll have in the exam and how much context you're going to include. You could also read a summary of the texts just to make sure you remember the plot (Sparknotes sometimes do this). I found the AQA revision guides were quite useful if you've got them. I'm guessing unseen poetry is also in English Lit? If so, make a plan for what you'll do when you first see the poems and revise all of the different literary and structural devices you can analyse.
Reply 2
Original post by AliTobitt
You can get someone to test you on your quotes and then practise planning some random questions or read example answers. The quotes should cover all the different themes in the text (or in the poems). Make sure you know what structure you're going to use for your essay, how much time you'll have in the exam and how much context you're going to include. You could also read a summary of the texts just to make sure you remember the plot (Sparknotes sometimes do this). I found the AQA revision guides were quite useful if you've got them. I'm guessing unseen poetry is also in English Lit? If so, make a plan for what you'll do when you first see the poems and revise all of the different literary and structural devices you can analyse.

Thank you!!

Quick Reply