The Student Room Group

GCSE English Language Speech

I was thinking of doing my speech on the gender pay gap but I was wondering what I should include about gender pay gap.
Original post by aditimishra
I was thinking of doing my speech on the gender pay gap but I was wondering what I should include about gender pay gap.

i did this two years ago for mine! include statistics and talk about how the equal pay act was passed in 1970 yet there are still differences :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by orangesquash1305
i did this two years ago for mine! include statistics and talk about how the equal pay act was passed in 1970 yet there are still differences :smile:

Sounds good! Also maybe consider how a wide portion of society (mostly men 😭) deny that the gender pay gap even exists, even though it very much does. It's a good idea to balance your speech with different perspectives, acknowledging other perspectives even if you don't agree with them.
Reply 3
English language speech? Which exam board are you doing? I did AQA and have no recollection of doing a speech, unless you mean the speaking exam. If you do mean the speaking exam, DO NOT INCLUDE STATISTICS, do it on something that interests you but just know you are being marked on your ability to write and present a compelling written piece, not on the topic of what you’re writing about. Also try to make it emotive and persuasive, I personally wouldn’t recommend you do it on the gender pay gap, but you can if you want to and it’ll still be fine

Quick Reply