The Student Room Group

Grade 4 maths for bio and chem alevels?

I want to take biology and chemistry as alevels. I do well in those subjects, but not so much in maths. In my mocks, I got a grade 4 for higher tier maths, and 7s and 8s for the sciences. If I were to get a grade 4 again, would I be allowed to take the alevels I want to?
Original post by AsBr2008
I want to take biology and chemistry as alevels. I do well in those subjects, but not so much in maths. In my mocks, I got a grade 4 for higher tier maths, and 7s and 8s for the sciences. If I were to get a grade 4 again, would I be allowed to take the alevels I want to?

It is really dependent on the sixth form/college you're planning to attend, if they're fine with you having a grade 4 in Maths then you'll only need a grade 4. However, for the most part, you'll likely need at least a grade 6.

Have no fear, we have the Exam Chats Master Thread and GCSE Mathematics Study Group where you can find exam chats for GCSE Maths and interact with our subject experts in order to achieve the grades you need. The TSR Support Team are more than happy to help you get what you need in maths so you can pursue sciences at A-Level.
(edited 2 months ago)

Quick Reply