The Student Room Group

Bath or Bristol for Aerospace Engineering

Hello, I have Imperial as my firm choice but I am torn between Bristol or Bath as my insurance. In terms of the course they provide, although both seem to provide a similar level of education, I feel like the double accredation from Bath is very useful in terms of work prospects as a mechanical engineer or an aerospace engineer, but I feel like in terms of international prospects Bristol has more standing. Are there any factors that I am missing that would make one uni significantly better than the other? Is either more known in the aerospace/mechanical engineering industry?
Original post by Wat3rm3l0n
Hello, I have Imperial as my firm choice but I am torn between Bristol or Bath as my insurance. In terms of the course they provide, although both seem to provide a similar level of education, I feel like the double accredation from Bath is very useful in terms of work prospects as a mechanical engineer or an aerospace engineer, but I feel like in terms of international prospects Bristol has more standing. Are there any factors that I am missing that would make one uni significantly better than the other? Is either more known in the aerospace/mechanical engineering industry?

Double (or triple, or quadruple...) accreditation doesn't make any difference. Is there any location you prefer? I know it's your insurance choice, but still worth picking a location you are interested in.
I'd say Bath, it has extremely good industry links and the amount of engineering societies and other things is abundant and veryy good.
Reply 3
To be honest I didn't know imperial even did Aerospace. Like the top universities or most prestigious keep it classy (of course aircraft maintenance is still commonly seen in some shape or form)
bro said aerospace engineering = aircraft maintenance πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€
Reply 5
Original post by thatoneadi
bro said aerospace engineering = aircraft maintenance πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

No I meant there is more aircraft maintenance popularity then the actual aerospace courses, the prestigious universities that are the oldest or more challenging to get into have not quite transferred into the aerospace sector, hence their most relevant would either be aircraft maintenance or mechanical engineering.
Original post by Wat3rm3l0n
Bath has very good connections with industry - they strongly encourage taking the year in industry option and are incredibly helpful when it comes to the entire process for applying for a placement.

I think they are both very good universities - I had to make the same decision. Ultimately I chose Bath just because I liked the idea of living there more :smile:

Maybe find out more about what it is like living in each place, or make a visit?

If you have any more questions about MechEng at Bath, I'm happy to help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest