The Student Room Group

AUB or Kingston or west London uni

I have a conditional offer for photography at West London alongside unconditional offers for photography at Kingston and commercial photography at AUB. I’m interested in becoming a documentary/ medical photographer.

I’ve been to the AUB campus and liked it but it is very small. I was previously at Edinburgh uni so I’m used to a busier city for uni.

Advice/ other students opinions please!
AUB is the only one with any sort of reputation for creative subjects - the other two are probably a waste of money.
Original post by EVMD17
I have a conditional offer for photography at West London alongside unconditional offers for photography at Kingston and commercial photography at AUB. I’m interested in becoming a documentary/ medical photographer.
I’ve been to the AUB campus and liked it but it is very small. I was previously at Edinburgh uni so I’m used to a busier city for uni.
Advice/ other students opinions please!

Hi @EVMD17

First of all congratulations on your amazing offers!

I am a second year student at the Kingston School of Art and love it! While I don't study photography, I can definitely offer you some in sights.

It is helpful to know that we're ranked No.2 in London for Film Production and Photography (Guardian University Guide League Tables 2023). Our facilities for these courses are amazing, having access to photography studios, post production, development rooms and facilities, animation, high quality film cameras and moving image studios. With what you are interested in, you would definitely have access to explore your interests with these open access, free facilities.

As for the location of Kingston, it offers you a quieter view of London- being next to the river, having the benefits of London public transport systems and lots of shopping facilities. It is very close to central London as well, only a 17 minute train journey from Surbiton! I really enjoy having the option to have the quieter side of Kingston and to pop into London for the busier side easily.

I would recommend joining us on our next open day. You will be able to have a chat to lecturers and have a campus tour of our facilities- especially our photography and moving image workshops- including our on campus loans room.

I hope this helped!

-Yasmin (Kingston Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending