The Student Room Group

Will I get prosecuted ?

Hi I’m new here just wondering if I will get prosecuted for a hypothetical near miss in my car

Hypotheticaly I overtook one car as it was pulling left out of a junction to which he sped up while I was overtaking I eventually got past him in his jag and then overtook another car infront of me resulting in me barely missing an oncoming car who has to slow down

I know I could be seen in the wrong I don’t know what happened both cars sped up as I was passing

Will I be prosecuted for this, if the drivers have dash cam will any thing happen I’m just worried
Original post by JJfiesta
Hi I’m new here just wondering if I will get prosecuted for a hypothetical near miss in my car
Hypotheticaly I overtook one car as it was pulling left out of a junction to which he sped up while I was overtaking I eventually got past him in his jag and then overtook another car infront of me resulting in me barely missing an oncoming car who has to slow down
I know I could be seen in the wrong I don’t know what happened both cars sped up as I was passing
Will I be prosecuted for this, if the drivers have dash cam will any thing happen I’m just worried

No.
Reply 2
Original post by ageshallnot
No.

No as in will I not be prosecuted I was going over the speed limit however so was the car I was passing
Original post by JJfiesta
No as in will I not be prosecuted I was going over the speed limit however so was the car I was passing

Was there a speed camera?
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
Was there a speed camera?

No speed camera however as I say the second car oncoming has to slam on the brakes there was not a speed camera recording however can someone’s dash am not be used if there even was one I’m stressing
You might end up on a few careless driver YouTube channels, but the odds of any police action are very low.

I’d also reflect on the poor overtake as well as the speed.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
You might end up on a few careless driver YouTube channels, but the odds of any police action are very low.
I’d also reflect on the poor overtake as well as the speed.

I’m for sure not going to be going anywhere close to that speed anytime soon around 15mph over the 60 limit I’m just stressing big time haha all drivers in the vehicles I passed seemed to be middle aged and the car I almost hit seemed like the sort of car who had a middle aged driver as a young driver I don’t know many mates with dash cams I’m just worried one of these did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending