The Student Room Group

Worried I won’t be funded after Year 0

Hi all

I have previously studied at university before and this used up my gift year of funding. This September I am going to be studying a 5 year course which is pharmacy with a foundation year (B231) and I was just wondering after I am finished with Year 0 will I no longer be entitled to funding in year 1 because the university would change my course to pharmacy b230 and then class it as a course change.

I called up the student fees team and they told me I wouldn’t get funding after Year 0 due to my previous study but then I reiterated that student finance have already approved of my application for the 5 year course, but I was just wondering if the university would require me to change my application after year 0 and change courses to year 1 of pharmacy to which she replied that I didn’t need to since the course is integrated with the foundation year.

Now I’m very worried and not sure what to think and I keep worrying that I won’t get funding after year 0
Original post by Lvl100ovrthinker
Hi all

I have previously studied at university before and this used up my gift year of funding. This September I am going to be studying a 5 year course which is pharmacy with a foundation year (B231) and I was just wondering after I am finished with Year 0 will I no longer be entitled to funding in year 1 because the university would change my course to pharmacy b230 and then class it as a course change.

I called up the student fees team and they told me I wouldn’t get funding after Year 0 due to my previous study but then I reiterated that student finance have already approved of my application for the 5 year course, but I was just wondering if the university would require me to change my application after year 0 and change courses to year 1 of pharmacy to which she replied that I didn’t need to since the course is integrated with the foundation year.

Now I’m very worried and not sure what to think and I keep worrying that I won’t get funding after year 0

You're foundation year (year 0) is integrated into the "regular" degree so you won't be changing courses. You'll simply be joining those who applied directly for the B230 course. The student fees team at your uni have already confirmed this.

Also, Student Finance have already confirmed funding for your 5-year course - i.e. the course you're on.

You have precisely nothing to worry about. :smile:
Original post by DataVenia
You're foundation year (year 0) is integrated into the "regular" degree so you won't be changing courses. You'll simply be joining those who applied directly for the B230 course. The student fees team at your uni have already confirmed this.
Also, Student Finance have already confirmed funding for your 5-year course - i.e. the course you're on.
You have precisely nothing to worry about. :smile:

So after I finish year 0 on my student finance application I would just change the year I am in and not the course right.
Original post by Lvl100ovrthinker
So after I finish year 0 on my student finance application I would just change the year I am in and not the course right.

Right. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending