The Student Room Group

do year 12 mocks matter a lot (30 marks)

my predicted grades before i did my mocks were AABC, i’ve just finished my maths mock and i think i did really bad :-(
everyone was saying it went well and i was just sat there thinking it went horrible :frown:
i did answer all the questions and try my best but i had mind blanks which weren’t so fun. would redoing one of the papers be an option? as i’m pretty sure i would have gotten a D in my maths mock compared to my other A level subjects
Original post by pixxiebott
my predicted grades before i did my mocks were AABC, i’ve just finished my maths mock and i think i did really bad :-(
everyone was saying it went well and i was just sat there thinking it went horrible :frown:
i did answer all the questions and try my best but i had mind blanks which weren’t so fun. would redoing one of the papers be an option? as i’m pretty sure i would have gotten a D in my maths mock compared to my other A level subjects

Unfortunately your Year 12 Mocks are the determining factor of your UCAS grade (your predicted grade registered on UCAS) for when you apply. However, they can be changed at any time before your application is submitted so it is possible to change your grades but that will be dependent on your school.

Also, some schools do allow you to resit your AS exams (Year 12 mocks) closer to the summer around June-Julyish time. So you still have a chance, do not fret.

Eventually when you apply for university, you can always get away with applying to a university that has higher entry requirements than your predicteds and still bag an offer so do not worry.

I highly recommend you talk to your teachers/head of year/tutor about this and potentially ask your maths teacher to help you.

Quick Reply