The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

URGENT!! Access course or foundation year at CU Coventry university

I’m going to be studying a foundation course at CU Coventry 2024 and I was just wondering if I’d still be able to join societies, go to freshers week etc, as a foundation student im not sure whether I should do an access course or go with the foundation course instead and move into an accommodation.
Original post by Anonymous
I’m going to be studying a foundation course at CU Coventry 2024 and I was just wondering if I’d still be able to join societies, go to freshers week etc, as a foundation student im not sure whether I should do an access course or go with the foundation course instead and move into an accommodation.

You should still be able to join societies and go to freshers week as you are a student at Coventry Uni.
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Hi there,

As indicated above by Anonymous #2, you will definitely have access to societies and freshers week. Although you will be based at the CU campus during your studies, you will still be able to embrace that student life by attending various activities hosted at the main campus since it's a five minute walk from CU campus to the main campus. You will also have access to other facilities within the main campus such as the library, the Hub, the gym and etc.

Although we have not confirmed it yet for CU Coventry, the next open day for Coventry University is in June. If you ever get the chance to attend the open, that would be great as you can also confirm on the day of the open day what you have access to whilst doing the foundation year. You're more than welcome to book this yourself online. I have provided a link to the open day for the main campus below.

Link: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/study-at-coventry/visit-our-open-days/

I hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Narusha
Coventry University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply