The Student Room Group

Opinions on unis please

Hi, I’m currently selecting my uni open days. I’m thinking of doing film + tv production, and my choices are Uni of Brighton, Oxford Brookes, Reading, London South Bank + London Met. I’ve heard mixed things about the London unis, but they’re quite old opinions. Please can someone offer me opinions so I can work out what unis are good or not, thanks!
Original post by BlueBerry214
Hi, I’m currently selecting my uni open days. I’m thinking of doing film + tv production, and my choices are Uni of Brighton, Oxford Brookes, Reading, London South Bank + London Met. I’ve heard mixed things about the London unis, but they’re quite old opinions. Please can someone offer me opinions so I can work out what unis are good or not, thanks!

Hi there,

Its great to hear that you're considering the University of Reading for your Film + TV Production studies! As a student here at Reading, I hope these insights help you make an informed decision!

At the University of Reading, our BA Film and Television course is known for its excellence in teaching and research. The Minghella Studios which is where you will be based, has access to three flexible theatre spaces including a multi-camera film and TV studio, a digital cinema and a recording studio/mixing suite. More information on this can be found here. The Reading area also has the UK's fasted-developing film economy. The construction of a major film studio is also very close to the uni which may be something of your interest! The BA Film and Television course also has the option for you to select optional modules if you wish to, more information on this can be found here under the 'optional modules' section.

Another great aspect of Reading is our committed careers team which will help you along your academic journey if you do chose to study with us. The careers department is very committed to empowering students to make informed career decisions, develop skills and achieve your career aspirations. More information on our careers department can be found here.

In terms of student life here at Reading, I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year and am so glad that I chose Reading as my university. There is a great range of societies to choose from, sports clubs and cultural events which happen regularly at the university. Whether you have interests in joining a club, attending our university gym, attending the library or simply relaxing with a friend in our of our many campus cafes and social spaces, there is plenty of choice here at Reading. One of my favourite aspects of our lovely campus is Whiteknights lake which is placed right in the centre of campus. There are green spaces dotted around the whole campus making it a great place to live. The town centre also has many great options for students including shopping, dining, entertainment and nightlife.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out. I would definitely recommend taking a look around out campus on an open day before making a decision! Getting a feel for the university's is also very important.

Best of luck!
Millie 🙂
BSc International Development
Maybe also have a look at LCC (part of UAL). I know one of the tutors there, and, unlike many academics in the field, she is an award-winning TV director with multiple credits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending