The Student Room Group

Advice

Does anyone have any advice on how to effectively revise from now until next Friday for AQA GCSE HT Biology Paper 1 as biology is my weakest science by far and I'm aiming for a high grade 6 or a grade 7.
For me personally, past papers don't work but I can't find any decent worthwhile resources for me to effectively revise from.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Molly
Reply 1
Idk if it will work for you,but I make flash cards on anki on 6 markers on biology required practicals and just 6 markers in general, like comparing meiosis and mitosis, also for biology I think its mainly the keywords that will get you the marks, so when you see a question and see something about 'plant growth', you will probably need words like : respiration, photosynthesis, protein synthesis, amino acid, glucose nitrate, carbon dioxide etc.

Good luck with you exams, I got mine next week as well and I'm just doing a bunch of past papers on it, works for me so that I know what keywords I need to get the marks.
seneca, its very helpful, they even have a cram option now so you can choose paper 1 topics and cram
also gizmo its ai based and very smart
Reply 3
Original post by frosty11
Does anyone have any advice on how to effectively revise from now until next Friday for AQA GCSE HT Biology Paper 1 as biology is my weakest science by far and I'm aiming for a high grade 6 or a grade 7.
For me personally, past papers don't work but I can't find any decent worthwhile resources for me to effectively revise from.
Any help is welcome.
Thanks,
Molly

For me the best resource was emma the teachie she goes through all the topics in quite good detail especially for paper 1 draws diagrams and it is long but it does feel like it, every time i had a test i would watch and make notes also the rapping science teacher is good to spice things up. However for me 2 weeks before my GCSES i just maxed out doing exam papers in timed conditions and repeating them. It also helps to have good exam technique- i can't remember where i found it but there are some resources which give you in detail what each command words mean. These were the main things and also I really did love GCSE Biology maybe thats why i had so much determination, I got a 9 in GCSE Biology Triple science hopefully you do well good luck
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest