The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies B Paper 1 (1RB0 1A-1G) - 9th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies B Paper 1 exam go for you?

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies B Paper 1 (1RB0 1A-1G) - 9th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 9th May 2024 AM
Length: 1h 45m

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2023-2024
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2024
Specification
GCSE Religious Studies B
(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any predictions for Christianity?
Especially for the D questions??
Original post by lovely-action
Does anyone have any predictions for Christianity?
Especially for the D questions??

please let me know if you find out :smile:)
please remind me if anyone replies ☹️ exams r so soon.
how are you all remembering quotes? and also do any of you know a FIXED proper exam paper paragraph structure for each question? i'm struggling the most with the structure
Reply 5
Is it possible to get full marks in the part d questions writing 1 paragraph for, one against and a conclusion? Is it better to write 2 weaker paragraphs for and against or 1 for and 1 against but they're well written?
can you use your own perspective in part d questions? im really confused a lot of people from other exam boards have used their own opinions for or against in their essays and i dont know if we can
Original post by priceydoritos
how are you all remembering quotes? and also do any of you know a FIXED proper exam paper paragraph structure for each question? i'm struggling the most with the structure

personally I made flashcards online on brainscape which can also be used offline. I just put for example 'SOWAA for monotheism' on one side and then on the other I put the quote which is 'the Lord our God the Lord is One.'
SOWAA just means source of wisdom and authority its basically just the quotes.
Original post by priceydoritos
can you use your own perspective in part d questions? im really confused a lot of people from other exam boards have used their own opinions for or against in their essays and i dont know if we can

for edexcel ive been taught that you shouldn't use 'I' or 'me' in the argument. Just use 'Some Christians agree/disagree.' However im not sure if it'll be the same for you aswell so just check with your teacher incase!
Does anyone know what topics r coming up this year
Original post by mikasaluvr
for edexcel ive been taught that you shouldn't use 'I' or 'me' in the argument. Just use 'Some Christians agree/disagree.' However im not sure if it'll be the same for you aswell so just check with your teacher incase!

omg thank u love u
what topics are most likely to show up in the paper tmrw?
Original post by Talkative Toad
Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.
General Information
Date/Time: 9th May 2024 AM
Length: 1h 45m
Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2023-2024
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2024
Specification
GCSE Religious Studies B

what topics are most likely gonna be in the test tmrw? also what are the best ways to revise last minute?
Original post by 1uvdelluna
what topics are most likely gonna be in the test tmrw? also what are the best ways to revise last minute?

from tracking past exam papers
For topic 1 part d i reckon- trinity a hard one
or incarnation ahs never come up or neither has chrisitan eschatology

Topic 2- part d neevr been a part d on chrisitna teachings about purpose and importance of the family and equality of men and women in the familyyy

Topic 3-pilgramamge as part d

Topic 4- part d could be ethunasia as never eben a part d orr life after death or big bang origins and value of universe
Original post by Sillystrawberry7
from tracking past exam papers
For topic 1 part d i reckon- trinity a hard one
or incarnation ahs never come up or neither has chrisitan eschatology
Topic 2- part d neevr been a part d on chrisitna teachings about purpose and importance of the family and equality of men and women in the familyyy
Topic 3-pilgramamge as part d
Topic 4- part d could be ethunasia as never eben a part d orr life after death or big bang origins and value of universe

TYSMMM
i do gcse rs (edexcel 1RA0) and im wondering if i need sowas for my 12 mark d question as it doesnt mention using one in the mark scheme but everyone says to use them

Great!!! 1d was origin of the universe in the bible and I was NOT expecting that but 4d ABORTION 🥳🥳🥳🥳 some questions were hard but I hope it went well!!

It went well except I missed 2/3 marks on a 3 marker and ran out of time so didn't answer a 4 and 6 marker...is there any chance I can still get an 8 or 9? Everyone was saying the paper was a godsend and that they answered all the questions so I'm worried I won't get a high grade 😓 I'm confident that I did well on the questions I answered though esp the 12 markers and other 6 markers
Original post by eenymeeny
i do gcse rs (edexcel 1RA0) and im wondering if i need sowas for my 12 mark d question as it doesnt mention using one in the mark scheme but everyone says to use them

Gg for u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending