The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 2 (1RA0 2A-2G) - 16th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did your Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies A exam go?

Edexcel GCSE Religious Studies A Paper 2 (1RA0 2A-2G) - 16th May 2024 [Exam Chat]

Welcome to the exam discussion thread for this exam. Introduce yourself! Let others know what you're aiming for in your exams, what you are struggling with in your revision or anything else.
Wishing you all the best of luck.

General Information
Date/Time: 16th May 2024 PM
Length: 50mins

Link to Study Group:
GCSE Religious Studies Study Group 2023-2024
Link to Master Thread:
GCSE Exam Discussions 2024
Specification
GCSE Religious Studies A
(edited 1 month ago)
How did it go today everyone? Tagging everyone from the first paper chat if that's okay!

edRE

Reply 2
The questions were easy. But I didn’t answer them well. Should’ve revised harder
Reply 3
Paper 2 Islam was better than expected at first but weren't the usual questions from Edexcel
Reply 4
hinduism was okay; the main problem with this paper is just how short it is, more than one mark each minute
Original post by AyomiC
Paper 2 Islam was better than expected at first but weren't the usual questions from Edexcel

Ye I agree with this like wth with the d- questions ?!!
Reply 6
What the hell was with the Islamophobia???? why do they teach us to associate Islam with conflict and WMDs? Surely they should ask about Israeli attitudes to WMDs? Or how the USA lies about finding WMDs?
Reply 7
Original post by blob1
What the hell was with the Islamophobia???? why do they teach us to associate Islam with conflict and WMDs? Surely they should ask about Israeli attitudes to WMDs? Or how the USA lies about finding WMDs?

wtf did they ask 💀
Reply 8
Original post by Phelena
wtf did they ask 💀

“Weapons of mass destruction are a good method of keeping the peace.” Evaluate for and against. Include:
Muslim teachings
Non-religious viewpoint
A justified conclusion
Original post by blob1

OMGG !! Yes at least someone gets it... it not as if we used it why do they put it in the Islam section ?
The pain of me trying to wrrite 'some muslims agree to this' like only terrorist would agree to this
Reply 10
Original post by koolkhad
OMGG !! Yes at least someone gets it... it not as if we used it why do they put it in the Islam section ?
The pain of me trying to wrrite 'some muslims agree to this' like only terrorist would agree to this

it doesn’t make sense why because they’re just teaching everyone to associate Muslims with terrorists why do they not teach about Christian extremism 😭

Not tryna force u or anything but just kindly letting you know I wouldn’t recommend taking gods name in vain if I were u
Original post by Anonymous 365849
Not tryna force u or anything but just kindly letting you know I wouldn’t recommend taking gods name in vain if I were u

oh thx 4 tht.. sorry
Reply 13
for christianity, what did u guys write for that oneness in God question lol
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Reply 14
Original post by blob1
“Weapons of mass destruction are a good method of keeping the peace.” Evaluate for and against. Include:
Muslim teachings
Non-religious viewpoint
A justified conclusion
how the hell are you supposed to write an argument supporting the statement without getting put on a list
Original post by blob1
Muslim teachings
Non-religious viewpoint
A justified conclusion

Was that the actual question?
Original post by Talkative Toad
Was that the actual question?

yup
yup

Given the stereotype made about Muslims and Arabs on such topic, I’m not sure if it was the best question to ask… :s-smilie:.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending