The Student Room Group

post grad student finance

if someone studies a degree at a certain uni and wishes to do post grad or another undergrad *at the same uni*, can they still get student finances to cover the tuition fee cost?
Original post by user5783
if someone studies a degree at a certain uni and wishes to do post grad or another undergrad *at the same uni*, can they still get student finances to cover the tuition fee cost?

Hi there,

What course are you currently doing? What course are you considering doing for the Postgraduate?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
im not doing either rn haha i just wanted some information as it is something i wanna do, i am going to study dental therapy at uni for undergrad and would like to study dentistry post grad and i wanted to know if id be able to afford this route before going and doing it
Hi user5783,

For graduate entry dentistry courses:

Tuition fees:

Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

For the maintenance loan:

Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi user5783,
For graduate entry dentistry courses:
Tuition fees:
Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.
Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.
For the maintenance loan:
Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.
Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.
Thanks,
Calum

thank you!
Original post by user5783
thank you!

You're welcome. If you have any further queries please let us know.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply