The Student Room Group

GCSE options

i need help choosing my gcse options. i want to do something finance-related (accounting preferrably) but im so confused as to what i should do. i've been thinking about doing IT, business, triple science (i like science), history and further maths (aqa) but im not sure. what would you do?
(edited 1 month ago)
GCSE options in the grand scheme of things don't really matter - you will have the opportunity to pick more specific subjects when you pick A-level options, so I would just pick the subjects you enjoy at this stage (and could do well in).
Original post by arié
i need help choosing my gcse options. i want to do something finance-related (accounting preferrably) but im so confused as to what i should do. i've been thinking about doing IT, business, triple science (i like science), geography and further maths (aqa) but im not sure. what would you do?

Do whatever you enjoying doing and you can't go wrong. I'd be thinking computer science and further maths, plus either geography or history (whichever you prefer) then maybe triple science. I've heard from friends though that triple science is a commitment and can be quite challenging at times, but people do tend to enjoy it. Some say gcse options don't really matter - I say they do, as they influence what subjects you take for a level, which I fluency heavily on further education and university, but don't get too hung up on it at this stage. Most importantly, pick subjects you think you'll still be enjoying in a couple years time when you're doing a lot of revision for them!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending