The Student Room Group

Student Finance England date part time degree funding applications open

I have just had to withdraw from my PhD and am keen to take a second undergraduate degree in one of the shortage subjects through the OU. Logging into my student finance account it now shows withdrawn from my doctoral loan (I need to make a payment arrangement to pay back the overpayment there), and I wanted to start the undergraduate part time finance application but it only shows for academic year 2023-2024. When do part time degree funding applications open please?
Original post by Helencompton48
I have just had to withdraw from my PhD and am keen to take a second undergraduate degree in one of the shortage subjects through the OU. Logging into my student finance account it now shows withdrawn from my doctoral loan (I need to make a payment arrangement to pay back the overpayment there), and I wanted to start the undergraduate part time finance application but it only shows for academic year 2023-2024. When do part time degree funding applications open please?

Hi there,

The 24/25 Part Time applications will be live later this month. The date has yet to be confirmed, once the date is confirmed we will announce it.

Thanks, Ross
Thank you. I checked if I could put in a full time application but it states I can't for 2024-25 as I already have an application for that year, even though my doctoral loan application is withdrawn. I'm concerned this will be the same for part-time, is there something I need to do to free up the application again?
Original post by Helencompton48
Thank you. I checked if I could put in a full time application but it states I can't for 2024-25 as I already have an application for that year, even though my doctoral loan application is withdrawn. I'm concerned this will be the same for part-time, is there something I need to do to free up the application again?

For this, you'd most likely have to do a paper application so we can override the system and manually add the application for you. The system will see you had payments scheduled for 24/25 so it may not allow you to apply online.

Once the Part Time applications are live try and apply online again, if it shows the same error please download the paper application and send it by post.

Thanks, Ross

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending