The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

uni ucas points entry requirements

hi i’ve been accepted for Salford Uni this year conditionally, 104 UCAS points required. However, I do BTEC extended diploma and it doesn’t translate into btec grades. It’s between DMM and MMM but i think i’m more likely to achieve MMM. Will they still accept me on the lower end of the grade is MMM is 96 points? i’m very worried and conflicted.
Btec MMM is 96 points according to the Pearson site. UK universities are down on their numbers this year - mainly due to the new visa rules so you will find that they are a bit more lenient if an applicant just misses out on their offer grades/points.
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by xheyheyhey
hi i’ve been accepted for Salford Uni this year conditionally, 104 UCAS points required. However, I do BTEC extended diploma and it doesn’t translate into btec grades. It’s between DMM and MMM but i think i’m more likely to achieve MMM. Will they still accept me on the lower end of the grade is MMM is 96 points? i’m very worried and conflicted.

Hey @xheyheyhey,

Congrats on your offer! 🙌

I would recommend heading to the UCAS Tariff point calculator website (which you can find here) you will be able to pop in your BTEC Extended diploma and find out how many UCAS points your grades can get you in terms of UCAS points.

At Salford, we offer foundation years for many of our degrees, depending on the course you are interested in. This provides you with an alternative option.

If you have any more questions I'm more then happy to help out!

Katie😀
(Offical Salford Rep)

Quick Reply