The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Rejected from UCL, KCL for pharmacy, what do I do now?

Hey, I got rejected from UCL and KCL for pharmacy with the predicted grades A*AB. My interview went so well with UCL I don’t know what happened… I applied to Medway and Kingston where I got an offer to study pharmacy but I was very eager to go to UCL or KCL as they are both local top pharmacy schools around me (as I don’t want to move out). What should I do now?
I think the rejections were because of my GCSE grades which were Bs which is understandable but yet again I got an interview for UCL (which later was a rejection.
The thing I don’t want move out as my choice is to stay in London. What should I do?
Original post by Say_adzz
Hey, I got rejected from UCL and KCL for pharmacy with the predicted grades A*AB. My interview went so well with UCL I don’t know what happened… I applied to Medway and Kingston where I got an offer to study pharmacy but I was very eager to go to UCL or KCL as they are both local top pharmacy schools around me (as I don’t want to move out). What should I do now?
I think the rejections were because of my GCSE grades which were Bs which is understandable but yet again I got an interview for UCL (which later was a rejection.
The thing I don’t want move out as my choice is to stay in London. What should I do?
If you are determined to pursue a career in pharmacy, I recommend taking a gap year to reapply and strengthen your application. King's College London places significant emphasis on your personal statement, while University College London requires all applicants to complete an online test. If you reached the interview stage last year, I am confident you will succeed again. Additionally, UCL Pharmacy had available spots through UCAS Extra on results day last year, so do not lose hope. Focus on achieving the necessary grades.
I applied to pharmacy during my gap year after receiving no offers for medicine. Despite retaking A-Level Chemistry, I managed to secure interviews and offers from all five universities I applied to. I understand how challenging this process can be, and I am more than happy to assist you in any way I can.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply