The Student Room Group

Funding new degree after graduating with a NHD

I withdrew from my studies at a brick university halfway through my 3rd year. I want to study a completely different degree part time with the Open University. Does anyone know if I can still apply to SFE for the tuition fees?
Original post by yellowjeans
I withdrew from my studies at a brick university halfway through my 3rd year. I want to study a completely different degree part time with the Open University. Does anyone know if I can still apply to SFE for the tuition fees?

Hi there,

Did you gain a qualification for the Full Time degree?

Thanks, Ross
Reply 2
Original post by Ross SLC
Hi there,
Did you gain a qualification for the Full Time degree?
Thanks, Ross

I gained a Diploma of Higher Education
Original post by yellowjeans
I gained a Diploma of Higher Education

Thanks for confirming.

To be eligible for support, you'd need to be doing a degree that's a higher level than the qualification you've already received.

Thanks, Ross
Reply 4
Original post by ross slc
Thanks for confirming.
To be eligible for support, you'd need to be doing a degree that's a higher level than the qualification you've already received.
Thanks, Ross

I want to study for a bachelor's degree, would I be eligible for funding the whole study? My previous study was funded by SFE and I haven't been able to make any repayments.
(edited 1 month ago)
Hi yellowjeans,

Yes, you would be eligible for tuition fee funding if you don't already hold a degree. We can offer up to 14 years funding for part time courses.

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending