The Student Room Group

Uni assignment non sub

Hi I'm in my 1st yr at Aston n missed 2 assignment submissions. I couldn't get medical evidence but sent a load of previous evidence relating to my issue however it didn't get accepted. Now I've been told in a confusing email that because the 2 modules are 30 credits I may have to redo the year?!! Both modules have 3 assignments and I missed 1/3 for both so surely I could just retake them in the summer? Please help me I don't know what to do and do not want to resit the entire year! The email said I can only take up to 45 credits in the summer but surely that's if there's1 assignment for 100% of a module?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I'm in my 1st yr at Aston n missed 2 assignment submissions. I couldn't get medical evidence but sent a load of previous evidence relating to my issue however it didn't get accepted. Now I've been told in a confusing email that because the 2 modules are 30 credits I may have to redo the year?!! Both modules have 3 assignments and I missed 1/3 for both so surely I could just retake them in the summer? Please help me I don't know what to do and do not want to resit the entire year! The email said I can only take up to 45 credits in the summer but surely that's if there's1 assignment for 100% of a module?

What does it say in your student regulations? Try asking your SU if you can't find the answer.
:console:

If the medical issues have been affecting you this year, I would contact your GP surgery and ask them for a doctors letter, do bear in mind they might possibly charge you for that.In this case, even if they charge you, I would probably pay it to show to uni your whatever it is, is still affecting studying.

Also, if your medical issues are long term you might qualify for DSA (Disabled Students Allowance) https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowance-dsa&ved=2ahUKEwjNw963_peGAxXHU0EAHcocBqwQFnoECCUQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3dbSvgeTpMy0X1H22qQWPN

This just means you can access reasonable adjustments to help you not fall behind. On another note it might be worth contacting your uni's disability office if you do think you need more support at uni :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous

Hi,

I understand your concern. If you missed assignments and your medical evidence was not accepted, you might need to redo the year if the credits can't be made up. However, this can vary based on specific university policies.

Generally, universities do allow for resubmissions or retakes during the summer if you haven't met the required credits. The email stating you can take up to 45 credits in the summer likely refers to the maximum credits allowed for retakes.

It's crucial to speak directly with your academic advisor or the university's support services for clarification and to explore your options.

I can help you with understanding the process and preparing for your retakes. Let me know how I can assist!

Best regards.

Quick Reply