The Student Room Group

Can I write a 1,500 word essay in one day?

It is not really an ’academic’ essay, but a reflection on what I have learned throughout the year. So not much referencing to be done. I know I will get it done somehow but am I overthinking?
Original post by Anonymous
It is not really an ’academic’ essay, but a reflection on what I have learned throughout the year. So not much referencing to be done. I know I will get it done somehow but am I overthinking?

Anything is possible. I recommend working on it right now though instead of procrastinating on TSR.
Reply 2
Success stories welcome

Of course you can! Maybe a bit of waffle is needed but 1500 words should be no problem in a day

If iti's not pro-forma 1.5k Words in a day is **** easy. As long as you outline the essay before you start writing it you should finish it no problem, If you don't outline it you'll waste a lot of time thinking about what to write and you likely won't finish it.
Reply 5
Original post by Popsiclez
If iti's not pro-forma 1.5k Words in a day is **** easy. As long as you outline the essay before you start writing it you should finish it no problem, If you don't outline it you'll waste a lot of time thinking about what to write and you likely won't finish it.

i haven’t even started planning and no clue what I’m going to write it on, technically I have a day and a half. If I spend the day planning, how long will it actually take me to write considering it’s just a waffly essay reflecting on past lectures
i haven’t even started planning and no clue what I’m going to write it on, technically I have a day and a half. If I spend the day planning, how long will it actually take me to write considering it’s just a waffly essay reflecting on past lectures

Hello there,

When it comes to writing a reflective essay, effective planning can make the process smoother and more manageable, even if you have limited time available. Set aside a dedicated block of time, ideally around 2 hours, to focus solely on planning your essay. Grab a pen and paper, or open a document on your computer, and begin by brainstorming subheadings that will structure your essay. These subheadings could be based on key themes or topics covered in your lectures or coursework.

Next, jot down your main reflections and insights under each subheading. These reflections could be based on your personal experiences, thoughts, and reactions to the material covered in class. Once you've completed your planning phase, you'll find that a significant portion of the work is already done. With a clear outline in place, you can now move on to writing the reflective essay itself, even if you're aiming for a longer piece of around 2000 words. Since you've already organized your thoughts and identified key points to discuss, the writing process should be more efficient and less overwhelming. With careful planning and thoughtful reflection, you can produce a compelling reflective essay within half a day, even with a busy schedule.

Cheers,
Shri (MSc International Business Student).

Hi there,

Absolutely, it's possible to write a 1,500-word essay in one day, especially since it's a reflection, which is often easier to write because it's based on your personal experiences and thoughts. Just take it step by step. Start by creating a simple outline of your key points and then develop each point in detail. Try to stay free from distractions and take short breaks when needed to keep your mind fresh. You've got this!

Ilya :smile:

Hi,

Don't worry, this seems completely manageable. Especially since this is a reflective essay, meaning you can write in the first person and be more personal in your reflection. What helps me in writing essays in general is having a loose structure, primarily the 3 part one (intro, body, conclusion). From there you can create sub sections and cover all the little bits you need to.
Another thing that's useful for reflections is keeping a diary or taking some notes throughout the semester. Did you keep a diary or have a notebook you kept all the lecture notes in? Not necessary, but it would make your writing easier.

Hope this helps
Milena
MA Creative and Critical Writing at Uni of Suffolk

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending