The Student Room Group

Struggling to decide between girlfriend and uni choice

Me and my girlfriend of 7 months have chosen the same Universities, and have gotten to nearly all of them. She has not gotten to bath, which is my firm, but I’m happy with settling on Exeter for computer science. I’m struggling with a decision on what to make my firm or insurance. I could either have Bath Firm and Exeter insurance or Exeter firm and something else insurance. I doubt I will reach my bath offer, but I most definitely can reach my Exeter offer.
Any advice welcome, I’m quite distraught about this
Original post by MenorMan
Me and my girlfriend of 7 months have chosen the same Universities, and have gotten to nearly all of them. She has not gotten to bath, which is my firm, but I’m happy with settling on Exeter for computer science. I’m struggling with a decision on what to make my firm or insurance. I could either have Bath Firm and Exeter insurance or Exeter firm and something else insurance. I doubt I will reach my bath offer, but I most definitely can reach my Exeter offer.
Any advice welcome, I’m quite distraught about this

just be youself
well aspirations man i think you should try for bath for sure because if you firm it and yk don't make it exeter still there for your insurance and yk if yall relationship is strong enough trust me distance isn't something that can like sway you apart and anyways unis a long time tbf and lets hope nothing goes wrong in the relationship but if you yk in the future don't work out well at least you'll be far apart. But yeah good relationship should mean like no one tries hold each other back if that makes sense
Go to the uni you want. I chose my uni based on a boy who I had been with for 3 years by that point. Spoiler alert, we are no longer together. I am now 30 years old, married (to someone else) for a decade with kids and several degrees. Even if you don't stay with your girlfriend there will be another just as suited to you, if not moreso.

I know it seems harsh, and I know I didn't listen to the advice I was given, but this is a decision that has the potential to impact your whole life going forward. I should have listened to my mum!

Quick Reply