The Student Room Group

Brampton or NCS?

I received an email from NCS today inviting me to their tester day but I have already accepted the Brampton offer to the open tester day and they are both held on the same day.

So, which should I attend since I am not yet sure if any of my friends received any tester day email from NCS while most have received one form Brampton.

And I am looking for any advise as to not attending one of them will affect my future chances of going there to study A-Levels since I am not sure which to go to.
Original post by Closezy
I received an email from NCS today inviting me to their tester day but I have already accepted the Brampton offer to the open tester day and they are both held on the same day.
So, which should I attend since I am not yet sure if any of my friends received any tester day email from NCS while most have received one form Brampton.
And I am looking for any advise as to not attending one of them will affect my future chances of going there to study A-Levels since I am not sure which to go to.

lmao they did this to me too when I was in yr 11

I ended up going to the NCS one, probably bc I had accepted it first, or maybe because I was more likely to go (I can't remember, but I ended up going to neither)

I would say go to the one you are more likely to choose, but honestly the tester day isn't the be all or end all

Talk to current/old students of both and find out their experiences

From what I've heard from friends who go both, NCS and Brampton are similar in the way they are fairly strict and structured, with a healthy workload that ensures their students good grades.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by imhannah?
lmao they did this to me too when I was in yr 11
I ended up going to the NCS one, probably bc I had accepted it first, or maybe because I was more likely to go (I can't remember, but I ended up going to neither)
I would say go to the one you are more likely to choose, but honestly the tester day isn't the be all or end all
Talk to current/old students of both and find out their experiences
From what I've heard from friends who go both, NCS and Brampton are similar in the way they are fairly strict and structured, with a healthy workload that ensures their students good grades.
Good luck!

Thx I have decided to go to the Brampton one since most of my friends are also going to its open taster day.

But thanks for replying and by the way which sixth form did you end up going to after your GCSE?
Brampton told me if I don't go to theirs my application will be ignored. Felt a bit like blackmail so I decided not to go to theirs. If I get all A* in my GCSE and they say I can't go bc I didn't go to their taster, well that's there loss. Just booked for NCS.
Reply 4
Original post by Closezy

Attend both. Attending both isn’t going to affect where you get into tbh. I know that Brampton stresses it and u have to attend for them to even consider giving you a place in the first place, so definitely go if you’re undecided.

What subjects do you want to study and what do you want to study at university?

I go to the NCS so I can answer any qs u got lol
Original post by Closezy

I'd say if you want to have both schools open as a choice, go to the brampton one because brampton have said they will drop people if they don't come to the induction day because they are heavily oversubscribed. But NCS haven't said that
Im guessing you went to the NCS open day right?
Reply 6
Original post by too.lost
Attend both. Attending both isn’t going to affect where you get into tbh. I know that Brampton stresses it and u have to attend for them to even consider giving you a place in the first place, so definitely go if you’re undecided.

tbh i cant attend both since if i dont go to Brampton induction day my application will be terminated and i have the induction day on the same day as NCS
Reply 7
Original post by direcherub
I'd say if you want to have both schools open as a choice, go to the brampton one because brampton have said they will drop people if they don't come to the induction day because they are heavily oversubscribed. But NCS haven't said that

I actually am going to the brampton one since i only applied to 3 sixth forms as i am quite stupid so to keep all my options open i have to go to brampton because of it being compulsory but NCS isnt sooo... best choice is Brampton rn and hopefully making the right choice
Reply 8
Original post by direcherub

also forgot to say this in previous reply but i have it in june 25th 2024 so havent gone yet also wish me luck since i have my exams from this week
Original post by Closezy
I actually am going to the brampton one since i only applied to 3 sixth forms as i am quite stupid so to keep all my options open i have to go to brampton because of it being compulsory but NCS isnt sooo... best choice is Brampton rn and hopefully making the right choice

yeah i’m going to the ncs one too! same as brampton, but for me they’re diff days so i’m okay. good luck btw!!
Original post by too.lost

They're not giving out any conditional offers this year but they have sent emails to strong candidates based on their predicted grades. If I get all my predicted grades but get a grade 8 instead of my predicted 9 for maths and one of my choices is maths, would I still get accepted?
Original post by salilyas
They're not giving out any conditional offers this year but they have sent emails to strong candidates based on their predicted grades. If I get all my predicted grades but get a grade 8 instead of my predicted 9 for maths and one of my choices is maths, would I still get accepted?

yeah, for maths only though. Can't do subjects that require a 9 in maths (just Further Maths) though. You can change your subjects on the day if you feel like it so it's fine. You need 62 points from your best 8 GCSEs, so it would be better to get more than 8 8s/9s to be safe. These are the required grades:
https://sixthform.london/ncs-entry-requirements/
https://sixthform.london/wp-content/uploads/2023/11/NCS-Entry-Requirements-2024-2025.pdf
same thing happened to me last year so i just went to the brampton one and still got a offer at ncs on results day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending