The Student Room Group

accounting and finance

If an accounting and finance degree is Accredited ACCA,ICAEW and CIMA would be qualified for these through the degree ?
Reply 1
Not fully. You’ll have exams partly done but you need 450 minimum working hours for the ACA for example. You don’t seem to get many exemptions either.
Original post by jakubdoliasz
If an accounting and finance degree is Accredited ACCA,ICAEW and CIMA would be qualified for these through the degree ?

Hey there! 🌟

Thinking about a future in Accounting and Finance? Let me tell you why the University of Essex is the perfect place to kickstart your career! 📚💼

Our BSc Accounting and Finance degree is a fantastic choice for anyone looking to make a mark in the financial world. One of the best parts? The course is accredited by ACCA, CIMA, and ICAEW. This means you'll be exempt from several professional exams, giving you a head start in your career! 🌟📊 All of this depends on what modules you will take, however, the majority of them are core/compulsory which means that after graduating from BSc Accounting and Finance your skills will be absolutely in demand!

Studying at Essex Business School is an amazing experience. The campus is vibrant and full of life, with modern facilities and lush green spaces that make it a great place to study and relax. Being part of a campus-based university means you'll enjoy a close-knit community feel, making lifelong friends and creating unforgettable memories.

During my time at Essex, I took a Business Law module as part of my course (since I was doing BA Business Management and Modern Languages degree it was optional for me). Not only was it incredibly interesting and taught by passionate professors, but it also meant I was exempt from the business law exam in my professional qualifications. It was such a relief knowing that I had one less exam to worry about, and it gave me more time to focus on other areas of my studies.

The support at Essex is second to none. From academic advising to career counseling, the university is committed to helping you succeed. Our professors are experts in their fields, offering a blend of theoretical knowledge and practical insights that prepare you for the real world.

Plus, our graduates have excellent job prospects, with many securing positions in top accounting firms and financial institutions around the globe. 🌍 The skills and knowledge you gain at Essex Business School will make you highly competitive in the job market.

Are you ready to join a forward-thinking, supportive, and dynamic community? Essex is calling your name! 🎓✨

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need more information. We can’t wait to welcome you to the University of Essex!

Best wishes,
Essex Student Rep - Renaldas✌️

Quick Reply