The Student Room Group

Maths Alevel - Improve grades

Out of all my Alevels I would say maths is my worst. I am currently at a C after doing mocks for all 3 papers. My predicted grade is a B and I need a B for all my offers. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to improve my grades whether it’s websites or revision methods. Much appreciated.
Original post by signalweevil05
Out of all my Alevels I would say maths is my worst. I am currently at a C after doing mocks for all 3 papers. My predicted grade is a B and I need a B for all my offers. Can anyone give me suggestions on how to improve my grades whether it’s websites or revision methods. Much appreciated.

This is what I would do:

DrFrost is an amazing website (but not sure if you need to pay?) my school uses it and it has questions that are automatically marked and give you feedback

SaveMyExams is really good for notes and questions (you need to pay although I got a subscription with exam season discount so look out for that)

Physics&MathsTutor is FREE and has cheat sheets for all topics (covers all the basics and has examples and harder questions with working explanations) it also has questions that you can do per topic

Youtube videos can be good but depends on what you prefer

Make notes if you haven't already, then review one topic per day/two days/week depending on how much time you have and do questions on them

Practice, practice, practice!!!

Hope this helps :smile:
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by eejphippsss
This is what I would do:

DrFrost is an amazing website (but not sure if you need to pay?) my school uses it and it has questions that are automatically marked and give you feedback

SaveMyExams is really good for notes and questions (you need to pay although I got a subscription with exam season discount so look out for that)

Physics&MathsTutor is FREE and has cheat sheets for all topics (covers all the basics and has examples and harder questions with working explanations) it also has questions that you can do per topic

Youtube videos can be good but depends on what you prefer

Make notes if you haven't already, then review one topic per day/two days/week depending on how much time you have and do questions on them

Practice, practice, practice!!!

Hope this helps :smile:))

Thank you for all the the suggestions :gthumb:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending