The Student Room Group

Email saying parent needs to provide details when they’ve already done so

Last night my mum received an email from Student Finance which said that she hasn’t provided the information they need from her so she can support my application. She and I are both confused by this, as she has already applied to support my application through a link they sent her in an email a month ago. When she goes to the exact link provided in that email it says that she has already submitted her application and they are processing her details, but when she logs onto her account through the website it says that there are actions to complete and that she still needs to provide her financial details. So I’m not sure whether the email she received last night was in error or whether her application actually hasn’t gone through and they still need her details.
Hi there, does it state there are any actions to complete on your online application e.g. 'awaiting sponsor 2 details'? Thanks, Leah.
Reply 2
Original post by Leah SLC
Hi there, does it state there are any actions to complete on your online application e.g. 'awaiting sponsor 2 details'? Thanks, Leah.

Hi, when I go onto my online account it says on my application they’re still awaiting my mum's details and her full name is listed there in place of ‘Sponsor 2’ which used to show up. However Sponsor 1 is still listed as Sponsor 1 and normally would be replaced by my dads name as he is also supporting my application. However due to technical issues he’s had to complete his application through a PFF2 form rather than through his own account, and I submitted this form as evidence on my account about a week ago. I thought the email they sent last night could be because they’re waiting for the form to come through and they've assumed my dad hasn’t completed it yet, but they emailed my mum rather than him which made me think the problem was to do with her application instead and not his.
Original post by JH_2005
Hi, when I go onto my online account it says on my application they’re still awaiting my mum's details and her full name is listed there in place of ‘Sponsor 2’ which used to show up. However Sponsor 1 is still listed as Sponsor 1 and normally would be replaced by my dads name as he is also supporting my application. However due to technical issues he’s had to complete his application through a PFF2 form rather than through his own account, and I submitted this form as evidence on my account about a week ago. I thought the email they sent last night could be because they’re waiting for the form to come through and they've assumed my dad hasn’t completed it yet, but they emailed my mum rather than him which made me think the problem was to do with her application instead and not his.

Hi there,

If you contact us we can check if we have the details for your parents. You can use the live chat option online in your account or call us on 0300 100 0607.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 4
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,
If you contact us we can check if we have the details for your parents. You can use the live chat option online in your account or call us on 0300 100 0607.
Thanks,
Claire

I’ve spoken to an advisor through the live chat and they checked my application and found that my parents have already sent in their information, so everything seems to be fine meaning the email last night was probably been sent in error. Thanks for your help.
Original post by JH_2005

Hi there,

Thanks for clarifying - please ignore these e-mails, they're being sent automatically.

Once the PFF2 form is processed we'll approve your application and that will be all we need from your parents.

We're currently processing these forms in 19 working days, so please check your account and e-mails for any updates.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply