The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

UWE campus or city accommodation product design ?

Not sure if I should stay in the student village campus accommodation or city accommodation, I heard the city accommodation is better but doing product design so dunno weather it’s better not having to travel. Also wanna be able to go out so is the city better cos it’s closer idk.
Original post by rolled-attractio
Not sure if I should stay in the student village campus accommodation or city accommodation, I heard the city accommodation is better but doing product design so dunno weather it’s better not having to travel. Also wanna be able to go out so is the city better cos it’s closer idk.

Hi @rolled-attractio

Congratulations on coming to UWE Bristol to study! 🙂

We have many different accommodation options to choose from. It depends if you would like to experience living on campus where your lectures will be and the student union or whether you'd like to experience city life in Bristol! You can of course do both, it's just a short 15 minute bus ride from town so the commute would not be far if you did prefer this.

Here is our accommodation page https://www.uwe.ac.uk/life/accommodation with our options. Accommodation has now opened so make sure to apply by the 30th June! This page is helpful for going through the application process https://www.uwe.ac.uk/life/accommodation/applying.

If I can answer any other questions please let me know 🙂

Thanks

Courtney
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
All I will say with City Accom is just be careful with Unite - as it’s owned by Unite and not the Uni all of your maintenance and rent instalments and literally anything will go through them and they are a nightmare 😭
Very cheap and a good location for city living but honestly save yourself from the lack of support with maintenance issues and charges, I’m personally moving from City to Campus accommodation purely because Unite drove me mad last year

Quick Reply