The Student Room Group

Predictions for IGCSE 2024 Literature 2024 4ET1

Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows of any predictions for Literature Poetry for IGCSE 2024.
Original post by Mayumdi
Hi, I would like to know if anyone knows of any predictions for Literature Poetry for IGCSE 2024.

Most likely (if you’re doing songs of ourselves): the man with night sweats, night sweats, he never expected much, the planners and away melancholy.

HOWEVER, this is just taking into account poems that have recently come up, and any poem could come up! I recommend learning 1 thing about structural significance in each poem- I.e sonnet which shows love and “xyz”. Also just learn the overall deeper message (for top band, if you’re short on time!) since of course I could be wrong with my predictions! Best of luck, mention structure and poetic devices and you’ll be fine :smile:
Reply 2
Oh okay. Well, I don't do songs of ourselves for edexcel. But thanks anyway
Original post by Mayumdi
Oh okay. Well, I don't do songs of ourselves for edexcel. But thanks anyway

I see, what poetry collection are you doing? I thought you meant the CIE IGCSE course sorry! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by bobjeffandam
Most likely (if you’re doing songs of ourselves): the man with night sweats, night sweats, he never expected much, the planners and away melancholy.
HOWEVER, this is just taking into account poems that have recently come up, and any poem could come up! I recommend learning 1 thing about structural significance in each poem- I.e sonnet which shows love and “xyz”. Also just learn the overall deeper message (for top band, if you’re short on time!) since of course I could be wrong with my predictions! Best of luck, mention structure and poetic devices and you’ll be fine :smile:

Any ideas for prose

Thankssss. I thought it would be Ozymandias

Thank you so much it really helps
Original post by miaenndomm
Thankssss. I thought it would be Ozymandias
Yeah, me too, but now I’m worried that we’ll get away, melancholy and he never expected much - because they are my weak spots ☹️
They haven’t done them yet either! Good luck!

I recommend Claire’ notes if u don’t watch her already- her ideas are Amazinggg!

(edited 1 month ago)
ANY PREDICITIONS FOR MACBETH AND FOR INSPECTOR CALLS PLEASE DROP THEM... Hoping they won't repeat these two like the poem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending