The Student Room Group

Do you use past papers for your revision? Why?

Hey everyone! :biggrin: As part of TSR's series of chats about the upcoming exams, I wanted to find out a bit more about exactly how you're revising.

Do you use past papers? If you do then why? How does it help?

Let us know in the comments!
Hey everyone! :biggrin: As part of TSR's series of chats about the upcoming exams, I wanted to find out a bit more about exactly how you're revising.

Past papers are such a useful resource, because you can use them to test your knowledge but also see the type of questions you can be asked and the style of questions too!

Hey everyone !

I really like using past papers and question banks as they help you to apply your knowledge and test your actual understanding of the topics! I use them to identify any gaps in my knowledge and then I can work on them. They also are great for testing active re-call for some subjects.

-Rebecca, UCLan MBBS
Hey there 😀

Active learning is the bomb! It is not just way more engaging, it is crazy effective too. I am all about the past papers method. It is not just a cool way to review what I have already got down pat, it is also perfect for spotting where I need to improve my knowledge. Plus, you would not believe how many times I have seen the exact same questions from past papers pop up on my actual exams. It is like getting a freebie point right out of the gate!

I hope it was helpful 💪 Feel free to reach out if you have any questions 😉 You can also chat with me or other students directly through The Ambassador Platform.

Take care,

Julia

Quick Reply