The Student Room Group

Exam help for the 2024 GCSE students - as a former student

Hi gsce students here are a couple of things that helped me with GCSEs.

Flash cards are the way to go, write them short and sweet that way you’ll remember the basics. Quizlet is a great alternative for physical flash cards, you can make your own deck or there are some already made for subjects so you don’t have to do all the writing .

Seneca was the top thing that helped me with science; obviously they have other subjects on there but for me Seneca helped with that.

Past papers are amazing. You can see what subjects and topics you need to work on these definitely helped with maths for me.

I know you guys may like to do this but, revising a topic constantly that you are absolutely confident on is a waste of time. I am in no means saying DO NOT revise it just focus on the stuff you don’t understand otherwise you are wasting time that is valuable.

Quiz yourself on topics constantly but never forget to have a little break for yourself otherwise you do become drained. Good luck everyone 😁
Original post by Lils-Iris21
Hi gsce students here are a couple of things that helped me with GCSEs.
Flash cards are the way to go, write them short and sweet that way you’ll remember the basics. Quizlet is a great alternative for physical flash cards, you can make your own deck or there are some already made for subjects so you don’t have to do all the writing .
Seneca was the top thing that helped me with science; obviously they have other subjects on there but for me Seneca helped with that.
Past papers are amazing. You can see what subjects and topics you need to work on these definitely helped with maths for me.
I know you guys may like to do this but, revising a topic constantly that you are absolutely confident on is a waste of time. I am in no means saying DO NOT revise it just focus on the stuff you don’t understand otherwise you are wasting time that is valuable.
Quiz yourself on topics constantly but never forget to have a little break for yourself otherwise you do become drained. Good luck everyone 😁

how would you revise for religious studies if you have not looked at ANY revision resources and you remember no content, and your exam is on the 9th? my target grade is a 7 and im not sure if ill be able to achieve it considering that i'm at a 4 at the moment.
Reply 2
Original post by priceydoritos
how would you revise for religious studies if you have not looked at ANY revision resources and you remember no content, and your exam is on the 9th? my target grade is a 7 and im not sure if ill be able to achieve it considering that i'm at a 4 at the moment.

Evening,
I would still suggest flash cards, keep them short and sweet you’re more likely to remember that way. Personally I did not take religious studies. However, flash cards were my saviour and if BBC bitesize has religious studies use that, it just asks what exam board you are with for that topic and it gives you all the content knowledge. And just get your head down, do not have any distractions. I know that phone is tempting to go on but be focused:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending